How to Change Text Size for Menus in Windows 10
InformationYou can make the text for menus on your screen easier to see by making them larger while keeping your display set to its recommended resolution and default DPI.
This will affect the following menus:
- context menus
- drop menus
- menu bars
- ribbon in File Explorer
- Win+X menu
This tutorial will show you how to change the font size of text for menus to what you want for your account in Windows 10.
NoteIf you changed the DPI scaling level settings to anything other than the default 96 DPI (100%), you will not be able to change the text size for items.
EXAMPLE: Affected menus
1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Display icon.
2. Under Change only the text size, select Menus. (see screenshot below)
3. Select a font size (6 to 24) you want for icon text.
NOTE: The default size is 9.
4. Check or uncheck Bold for what you want.
5. When finished, click/tap on Apply.
6. You will now see a Please wait screen until your text size settings are applied.
- How to Change Text Size of Icons in Windows 10
- How to Change Text Size for Title Bars in Windows 10
- How to Set Menus to Open Aligned to Left or Right in Windows 10
- How to Change Menu Show Delay Time in Windows 10
- How to Change your DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10