How to Change Text Size for Menus in Windows 10
InformationYou can make the text for menus on your screen easier to see by making them larger while keeping your display set to its recommended resolution and default DPI.
This will affect the following menus:
- context menus
- drop menus
- menu bars
- ribbon in File Explorer
- Win+X menu
This tutorial will show you how to change the font size of text for menus to what you want for your account in Windows 10.
NoteIf you change your DPI scaling level, it will also change the text size of menus to scale with the DPI setting.
- Option One: To Change Text Size for Menus in Control Panel
- Option Two: To Change Text Size for Menus using a REG file
EXAMPLE: Affected menus
OPTION ONETo Change Text Size for Menus in Control Panel
NoteThis option is no longer available starting with Windows 10 build 15019.
1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Display icon.
2. Under Change only the text size, select Menus. (see screenshot below)
3. Select a text size (6 to 24) you want for menus.
NOTE: The default size is 9.
4. Check or uncheck Bold depending on if you want bold text or not for menus.
5. When finished, click/tap on Apply.
6. You will now see a Please wait screen until your text size settings are applied.
OPTION TWOTo Change Text Size for Menus using a REG file
1. Click/tap on the Download button in the table below for the menus text size you want, and if you want the text to be bold or not.
2. Save the .reg file to your desktop.
3. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.
4. If prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.
5. Sign out and sign in to apply.
6. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.
- How to Change Text Size of Icons in Windows 10
- How to Change Text Size for Message Boxes in Windows 10
- How to Change Text Size for Title Bars in Windows 10
- How to Change Text Size for Tooltips in Windows 10
- How to Set Menus to Open Aligned to Left or Right in Windows 10
- How to Change Menu Show Delay Time in Windows 10
- How to Change your DPI Scaling Level for Displays in Windows 10
This tutorial has been updated to add OPTION TWO to change the text size of menus using a REG file since OPTION ONE is no longer available starting with Windows 10 build 15019.