Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,841
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #20

    I've been using these .reg files for a while. The latest update to Outlook 2016 has resulted in the header message text being too large. I've been fiddling with these .reg files so much that I want to restore the original default font size settings. Is there a quick way to do this?
      My Computers

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,086
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #21

    Steve C said:
    I've been using these .reg files for a while. The latest update to Outlook 2016 has resulted in the header message text being too large. I've been fiddling with these .reg files so much that I want to restore the original default font size settings. Is there a quick way to do this?
    Hello Steve,

    Using the Menus_default_text_size-9.reg file for text size 9 not-bold will restore the default menus text size settings for you.

    You can download the default .reg file for each of the others you changed to restore them back to default as well.
      My Computers

  3. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,841
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #22

    Brink said:
    Hello Steve,

    Using the Menus_default_text_size-9.reg file for text size 9 not-bold will restore the default menus text size settings for you.

    You can download the default .reg file for each of the others you changed to restore them back to default as well.
    Thanks - I just did that and made some headway. Default font size 9 is incredibly tiny - probably because MS software engineers are young with eagle quality eyesight?
      My Computers

  4. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,086
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #23

    Steve C said:
    Thanks - I just did that and made some headway. Default font size 9 is incredibly tiny - probably because MS software engineers are young with eagle quality eyesight?
    I noticed that whatever you have DPI set to can also affect how the set size looks.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 114
    Windows
       #24

    Brink said:
    This tutorial has been updated to add OPTION TWO to change the text size of menus using a REG file since OPTION ONE is no longer available starting with Windows 10 build 15019. :)
    Is it possible to change the text size (or actually just spacing) of ONLY the context menus? I use a Surface and the immersive/touch friendly context menu is very inconsistent about when it wants to work (despite long-pressing). It seems to mostly only work on the desktop but occasionally on files/folders. So, I will go the route of simply increasing text size if it can be done solely to the context menu and not incorporate the ribbon text, etc. Is it possible?
      My Computer

  6. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,086
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #25

    dacrone said:
    Is it possible to change the text size (or actually just spacing) of ONLY the context menus? I use a Surface and the immersive/touch friendly context menu is very inconsistent about when it wants to work (despite long-pressing). It seems to mostly only work on the desktop but occasionally on files/folders. So, I will go the route of simply increasing text size if it can be done solely to the context menu and not incorporate the ribbon text, etc. Is it possible?
    Hello,

    I'm afraid the method in this tutorial will indeed affect more than just "context menus".

    You can double check the tutorials below to make sure those settings may help.

    Turn on > Enable or Disable Wide Context Menus in Windows 10

    (Only available in build 21377 and higher)
    Turn off > How to Turn On or Off Use Compact Mode in File Explorer in Windows 10
      My Computers


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tutorial Categories

Change Menus Text Size in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:45.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums