How to Backup and Restore Taskbar Toolbars in Windows 10
InformationThe taskbar includes the Start button, buttons for currently running tasks, pinned apps, custom toolbars, the notification area, and the system clock. Toolbars include Address, Links, Bing Search (if installed), Desktop, and other custom toolbars created by the user or by an application.
This tutorial will show you how to back up and restore all of your taskbar toolbars in Windows 10.
OPTION ONETo Back Up all Taskbar Toolbars
NoteThe taskbar toolbars you add for your account are saved in the registry key location below.
The downloadable .bat file below will export this Desktop key to a My_Taskbar-Toolbars_Backup.reg file on your desktop as a backup.
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below.
2. Save the .bat file to your desktop.
3. Unblock the .bat file.
4. Run the .bat file.
5. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close.
6. You will now have a My_Taskbar-Toolbars_Backup.reg file on your desktop. This is the back up of all your current taskbar toolbars. Keep it saved in a safe location.
OPTION TWOTo Restore Taskbar Toolbars
NoteYou can restore a backup of taskbar toolbars to any user account or computer.
1. Click/tap on the My_Taskbar-Toolbars_Backup.reg file created from Option One above.
2. When prompted, click on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.
3. Restart explorer to apply.