Open Network Connections from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10
InformationThe Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and other power user Windows tools.
Starting with a clean install of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942, Network Connections in the Win+X menu opens to Settings by default now instead of the Control Panel.
This tutorial will show you how to have Network Connections in the Win+X Quick Link menu open to Control Panel or Settings for your account in Windows 10.
EXAMPLE: Network Connections in Win+X menu open to Control Panel or Settings
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download a ZIP file for a Control Panel or Settings shortcut depending on what you want Power Options in the Win+X menu to open to.
2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.
3. Unblock the .zip file.
4. Open the .zip file. (see screenshots below)
5. Open a seperate File Explorer window, copy and paste the location below into the address bar, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)
6. Drag and drop (copy) the 04-1 - Network Connections shortcut from the .zip file in step 4 into the Group3 folder in step 5.
7. Click/tap on Replace the file in the destination when prompted. (see screenshot below)
8. Restart explorer to apply.
- How to Open Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10
- How to Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10
- How to Open Programs and Features from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10
- How to Open System from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10
- How to Open the Control Panel in Windows 10
- How to Open Settings in Windows 10
It seems as though more and more shortcuts are being directed to the Settings App, yet, there are still many additional links in the Settings App that re-direct you back to Control Panel Applets anyway!?