How to Open Power Options from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10
InformationThe Win+X Quick Link menu is a pop-up menu from the Start button that includes shortcuts of common management, configuration, and other power user Windows tools.
Starting with a clean install of Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14942, Power Options in the Win+X menu opens to Settings by default now instead of the Control Panel.
This tutorial will show you how to have Power Options in the Win+X Quick Link menu open to Control Panel or Settings for your account in Windows 10.
EXAMPLE: Power Options in Win+X menu open to Control Panel or Settings
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download a ZIP file for a Control Panel or Settings shortcut depending on what you want Power Options in the Win+X menu to open to.
2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.
3. Unblock the .zip file.
4. Open the .zip file. (see screenshots below)
5. Open a seperate File Explorer window, copy and paste the location below into the address bar, and press Enter. (see screenshots below)
6. Drag and drop (copy) the 08 - Power Options shortcut from the .zip file in step 4 into the Group3 folder in step 5.
7. Click/tap on Replace the file in the destination when prompted. (see screenshot below)
8. Restart explorer to apply.
- How to Open Win+X Quick Link Menu in Windows 10
- How to Show Control Panel or Settings on Win+X Menu in Windows 10
- How to Open System from Win+X Menu to Control Panel or Settings in Windows 10
- How to Open the Control Panel in Windows 10
- How to Open Settings in Windows 10
- How to Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10