Windows 10: Lock Screen - Enable or Disable in Windows 10

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

  1. Posts : 30
    Windows 7 and Windows 10
       2016-12-04 #200

    Brink said: View Post
    No worries.

    The modified LogonController.dll file option you mentioned had been reported to cause issues for some, so I don't want to post something that may cause issues until a better option comes along to disable the lock screen at startup.
    One thing I've noticed with the modified dll method mentioned elsewhere is that I get an unresponsive screen for a bit when trying to login after the machine has been locked for a while. It eventually goes away and does load the login screen, but it basically defeats the purpose of saving time by avoiding the lock screen.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2.    2016-12-09 #201

    My laptop did a stupid update today, completely annoying as always. As before, I tried deleting the .bak file and then running the LogonController patch as administrator, but it could not finish it's job as I got an error "unknown DMV" or something (might be typo here, I don't remember exactly. Thing is, it does not work anymore. Win 10 x64 Pro build 14393.479.

    Halp, dobbelina! Is there a LogonController_patch.v3 or something available? For now, I gotta go and do System Restore..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    2016-12-15 #202

    zil said: View Post
    My laptop did a stupid update today, completely annoying as always. As before, I tried deleting the .bak file and then running the LogonController patch as administrator, but it could not finish it's job as I got an error "unknown DMV" or something (might be typo here, I don't remember exactly. Thing is, it does not work anymore. Win 10 x64 Pro build 14393.479.

    Halp, dobbelina! Is there a LogonController_patch.v3 or something available? For now, I gotta go and do System Restore..
    LogonController_Patchv3.zip is now available.

    Extract LogonController_Patch folder to somewhere,
    and execute Install.cmd as Administrator.
    To restore backed up LogonController.dll,
    execute same script.

    As a safety feature you can't apply a patch twice, as you would then overwrite the backup file.
    The script looks for LogonController.bak in the system32
    folder which is the backupfiles name.
    If you update Windows via WU, and you got a patched dll,
    you have to manually delete the LogonController.bak file from System32 if the LogonController.dll gets replaced,
    otherwise the patcher wont run again.
    (access denied message if you try to restore, or Already Patched if you try to patch again )

    Patches LogonController.dll versions:
    10.0.14393.206
    10.0.14393.479

    (Latest Cumulative Update 10.0.14393.576 still uses LogonController.dll v10.0.14393.479)
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    2016-12-17 #203

    In Windows 10 v1607 Home, how do I prevent that the lock screen is also displayed at Windows startup?

    Thanks

    Bye
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5.    2016-12-18 #204

    I'm still waiting for your answer.

    Thanks

    Bye
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 18,100
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15031
       2016-12-18 #205

    balubeto said: View Post
    In Windows 10 v1607 Home, how do I prevent that the lock screen is also displayed at Windows startup?

    Thanks

    Bye
    balubeto said: View Post
    I'm still waiting for your answer.

    Thanks

    Bye
    The easiest way is to set Windows to automatically sign in to your account at startup if you don't share the computer with others.

    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    2016-12-18 #206

    Brink said: View Post
    The easiest way is to set Windows to automatically sign in to your account at startup if you don't share the computer with others.

    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup
    Actually, I was looking for a more careful solution to the computer and users security. So, there is another solution?

    Thanks

    Bye
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 18,100
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15031
       2016-12-18 #207

    You could use the LogonController_Patch by dobbelina posted below to do so. I would recommend to create a restore point first just to be extra safe though.

    Lock Screen - Enable or Disable in Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    2016-12-18 #208

    How to disable the PRE login screen


    Hi..I have been looking for a while now how to disable the "pre" login screen on Windows 10, but all I find is "how to disable the lock screen"... I don't want to disable the lock screen, I want to disable the screen that come BEFORE the lock screen.. the one you have to click in order to get to the log in screen.. is there a way to disable that screen?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 18,100
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15031
       2016-12-18 #209

    macster2075 said: View Post
    Hi..I have been looking for a while now how to disable the "pre" login screen on Windows 10, but all I find is "how to disable the lock screen"... I don't want to disable the lock screen, I want to disable the screen that come BEFORE the lock screen.. the one you have to click in order to get to the log in screen.. is there a way to disable that screen?
    Hello macster,

    The screen you have to click on before the sign-in screen would be the lock screen.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Related Threads
How to Enable or Disable Built-in Elevated Administrator Account in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the hidden built-in elevated Administrator account in Windows 10. You must be signed in as an administrator...
How to Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the lock screen and enter your credentials on the Sign-in screen to...
How to Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10 Hibernate is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops, and might not be available for all PCs (PCs with InstantGo don't have the hibernate option). While sleep puts your work and...
Disable the Lock Screen? in Customization
Is there any way to disable the Lock Screen instead so it won't show on startup? Thanks
How to Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10 Your screen(s) can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. Aero Shake lets you quickly minimize all opened windows except the current active window by shaking its title bar....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:59.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums