Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 16,588
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 14986
       2016-09-07 #120

    bigchieftaco said: View Post
    I created an account just to add this.
    I just upgraded my PC to Win 10 and I used to have the lock screen disabled but that didn't work anymore. I tried so much stuff until I read a couple pages back about it not working anymore on newer builds. I checked my build and sure enough, version 1607. After a quick search I found a solution that actually works! I'll paste it here and maybe you can add it to the first page.


    1. Tap on the Windows-key, type "Local Security Policy" and open the item of the same name.
    2. Select Software Restriction Policies > Additional Rules.
    3. If you don't see the menu, select Action > New Software Restriction Policies to create it.
    4. Right-click on the right pane and select New Path Rule.
    5. Under Path, paste C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy
    6. Make sure the security level is set to Disallowed.
    7. Click ok.
    Hello bigchieftaco, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Thank you. If I remember correctly, that will not disable the lock screen at startup either though.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 2
    Win 10 Pro
       2016-09-07 #121

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello bigchieftaco, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Thank you. If I remember correctly, that will not disable the lock screen at startup either though.
    You are correct. I just tested.
    I was so excited when I tried it without rebooting. This still helps me because when I leave my PC I can come back and type my password like before without the lock screen being there.

    Thanks!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10
       2016-09-09 #122

    To avoid starting a new topic about the same issue I will post here in an old topic.
    After installing the anniversary update from Windows 10 I am no longer able to disable the lock screen.
    I am NOT on a Secure Log-in requiring me to Ctr-Al-Del.
    I have tried the Reg Edit, no luck
    I have tried the GPedit, no luck
    I have tried Task Scheduler, no luck.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 8
    Windows 10
       2016-09-09 #123

    Same problem I had, nothing fixed it, but I came up with a workaround yesterday.

    I created an autohotkey script that is simply "click."
    I created a scheduled task that looks for the event in the log for resuming from connected standby (I forget the event ID number and the system is at work, but it is in the system log).
    Result is when waking the system up the lock screen shows, then the event is written to the log for the wakup, which triggers the task, which runs the script, which sends a mouse click, which makes the lock screen go away. Only see the lock screen for a second or maybe two. Problem solved.

    It is pretty stupid that I had to do all that. Thanks Microsoft for being ridiculous.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 16,588
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 14986
       2016-09-09 #124

    Hello @theo54au and @SparkyJJO,

    The Windows 10 Home and Pro editions can no longer disable the lock screen at startup, but OPTION THREE will let you disable the lock screen everywhere but at startup.

    If you like, you can also set Windows to automatically sign in to your account at startup to bypass the lock screen at startup though.

    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10
       2016-09-10 #125

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello bigchieftaco, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Thank you. If I remember correctly, that will not disable the lock screen at startup either though.
    That is unfortunately correct, it didn't work also.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Mar 2016
    Posts : 18
    Windows 10
       2016-09-10 #126

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello @theo54au and @SparkyJJO,

    The Windows 10 Home and Pro editions can no longer disable the lock screen at startup, but OPTION THREE will let you disable the lock screen everywhere but at startup.
    That is really sad to hear... What is the location of the Lock Screens? At least I can add and select my own pics here.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 16,588
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 14986
       2016-09-10 #127

    theo54au said: View Post
    That is really sad to hear... What is the location of the Lock Screens? At least I can add and select my own pics here.
    Luckily, the lock screen background is easy to change.

    Lock Screen Background - Change in Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 2,289
    Windows10
       2016-09-10 #128

    bigchieftaco said: View Post
    I created an account just to add this.
    I just upgraded my PC to Win 10 and I used to have the lock screen disabled but that didn't work anymore. I tried so much stuff until I read a couple pages back about it not working anymore on newer builds. I checked my build and sure enough, version 1607. After a quick search I found a solution that actually works! I'll paste it here and maybe you can add it to the first page.


    1. Tap on the Windows-key, type "Local Security Policy" and open the item of the same name.
    2. Select Software Restriction Policies > Additional Rules.
    3. If you don't see the menu, select Action > New Software Restriction Policies to create it.
    4. Right-click on the right pane and select New Path Rule.
    5. Under Path, paste C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy
    6. Make sure the security level is set to Disallowed.
    7. Click ok.

    This change is regrettably not as universal as you might think. On a couple of my PCs, it caused BSODs.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Dec 2015
    Posts : 2,289
    Windows10
       2016-09-10 #129

    SparkyJJO said: View Post
    It is not set. Never have had to touch Ctrl+Alt+Del on these.
    For some bizarre reason, I found on a couple of PCs, you had to reset it to requiring a password, and then set it back to never to get the option recognised.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Administrator account - Enable or Disable in Windows 10
How to Enable or Disable Built-in Elevated Administrator Account in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the hidden built-in elevated Administrator account in Windows 10. You must be signed in as an administrator...
Tutorials
Sign-in Screen Background Image - Enable or Disable in Windows 10
How to Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the lock screen and enter your credentials on the Sign-in screen to...
Tutorials
Hibernate - Enable or Disable in Windows 10
How to Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10 Hibernate is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops, and might not be available for all PCs (PCs with InstantGo don't have the hibernate option). While sleep puts your work and...
Tutorials
Disable the Lock Screen?
Is there any way to disable the Lock Screen instead so it won't show on startup? Thanks
Customization
Aero Shake - Enable or Disable in Windows 10
How to Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10 Your screen(s) can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. Aero Shake lets you quickly minimize all opened windows except the current active window by shaking its title bar....
Tutorials
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:23.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums