Windows 10: Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10  

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 62
    Win 10 Pro 64-bit (Creators 1703)
       05 Aug 2016 #70

    yogalD said: View Post
    You can navigate to C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy and rename that folder to something else and the lock screen will be gone
    Are you positive about that? I've forced removal of LockApp using Windows 10 Manager and my lockscreen still appears... :O
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,742
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)
       05 Aug 2016 #71

    Brink said: View Post
    The tutorial has been updated to add OPTION THREE to disable the lock screen using a task.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option3
    Nice try, but I want to disable the Lock Screen at startup.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 22,849
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16257
    Thread Starter
       05 Aug 2016 #72

    Steve C said: View Post
    Nice try, but I want to disable the Lock Screen at startup.
    If it's only you on the computer, you could have Windows sign in to your account automatically at startup as a workaround to not having the lock screen at startup.

    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 1,742
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)
       05 Aug 2016 #73

    Brink said: View Post
    If it's only you on the computer, you could have Windows sign in to your account automatically at startup as a workaround to not having the lock screen at startup.

    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup
    Thanks - but I want to be able to disable the lockscreen which I could do until the Anniversary Update. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 48
    Windows of various sorts
       05 Aug 2016 #74

    yogalD said: View Post
    You can navigate to C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.LockApp_cw5n1h2txyewy and rename that folder to something else and the lock screen will be gone

    You know, I wouldn't really mind the lock screen if locking the PC didn't give a black screen for 2 seconds before showing it...



    Another solution is to edit the security policy (Win10 Pro):
    badgerycock comments on Workarounds for Windows 10 Anniversary Removed GPOs
    cereberus said: View Post
    I tried this method, and got BSODs on two devices - do not recommend it.
    When does the BSOD appear and what is the error message?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    06 Aug 2016 #75

    Steve C said: View Post
    Nice try, but I want to disable the Lock Screen at startup.
    yes i agree.....it's not possible to disable at startup the lock screen after anniv.update?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 22,849
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16257
    Thread Starter
       06 Aug 2016 #76

    bebbu said: View Post
    yes i agree.....it's not possible to disable at startup the lock screen after anniv.update?
    Not yet for now.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    06 Aug 2016 #77

    yogalD said: View Post
    When does the BSOD appear and what is the error message?
    Immediately I press the power button - total bsod, and no error message and I have to reboot,
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    06 Aug 2016 #78

    bebbu said: View Post
    yes i agree.....it's not possible to disable at startup the lock screen after anniv.update?
    No idea why but on all three of my pcs, including a tablet, the lockscreen is disabled, even when using a password.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    06 Aug 2016 #79

    Steve C said: View Post
    Thanks - but I want to be able to disable the lockscreen which I could do until the Anniversary Update. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!
    It is broken now by design!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Related Threads
How to Enable or Disable Built-in Elevated Administrator Account in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable the hidden built-in elevated Administrator account in Windows 10. You must be signed in as an administrator...
How to Enable or Disable Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the lock screen and enter your credentials on the Sign-in screen to...
Performance & Maintenance Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10 in Tutorials
How to Enable or Disable Hibernate in Windows 10 Hibernate is a power-saving state designed primarily for laptops, and might not be available for all PCs (PCs with InstantGo don't have the hibernate option). While sleep puts your work and...
Disable the Lock Screen? in Customization
Is there any way to disable the Lock Screen instead so it won't show on startup? Thanks
How to Enable or Disable Aero Shake in Windows 10 Your screen(s) can get cluttered if you have a lot of opened app windows. Aero Shake lets you quickly minimize all opened windows except the current active window by shaking its title bar....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:01.
Find Us