How to 'Pin to Start' a Website in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
InformationMicrosoft Edge is a new web browser that will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web.
This tutorial will show you how to pin to Start a website open in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.
EXAMPLE: "Pin to Start" website from Microsoft Edge
1. Open Microsoft Edge, and go the webpage you want to pin to Start.
2. Click/tap on the More button, and click/tap on Pin this page to Start. (see screenshot below)
3. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. (see screenshot below)
- How to 'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10
- How to Add or Remove Folders on Start List in Windows 10
- How to Create a Microsoft Edge Shortcut in Windows 10
- How to Share Web Pages in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
- How to Snooze in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
- How to Add Site to Apps in Start Menu from Internet Explorer in Windows 10
I'm finding this isn't working as expected. Bit of history first...
This is something I wanted to do on my two W10 installs some while back. I asked on the forum (and it could of been Cliff or Edwin who replied... thanks guys always a great help in these matters) and the method given was to create a desktop shortcut and paste in
%windir%\explorer.exe microsoft-edge:http://address of site you want
That would create a shortcut that could be pinned as a 'tile' and/or pinned to the taskbar. It worked well.
The problem now.......
I'm running build 14393.3 version 1607 because I fancied a look at the latest fast ring offering and installed this as an upgrade install which would retain all my progs and settings (it has). However I'm finding the custom tile doesn't open just the site in question as it used to do but now opens another three tabs alongside it, one is Bing, the next Google and the third my Outlook email.
(Note... these three tabs are ones that I want and are the ones I initially set up when first installing W10 months ago... I just don't want them to open under command of the custom tile)
So the supposedly 'single site' tile now opens all of them at once. It never did this before, it worked correctly.
So I now delete the custom tile and try the method in this Tut and find that that to is giving identical results. Four tabs open in total.
Is this a weird problem because of doing an upgrade install or has it something that has occurred in the later builds ?