How to Change Picture Password for your Account in Windows 10
InformationYou can sign in to your PC with a picture password. You choose the picture and the three gestures you use with it to create a password that's uniquely yours. When you have chose a picture, you "draw" with the mouse, touchpad, or pin/finger on a touchscreen to create a combination of circles, straight lines, and taps. The size, position, and direction of your gestures become part of your picture password.
When you change your picture password, you can keep your current picture and change your gestures, or choose a new picture.
This tutorial will show you how to change the picture password for your account in Windows 10.
EXAMPLE: Picture password on Sign-in screen
1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the Accounts icon.
2. Click/tap on Sign-in options on the left side, and click/tap on the Change button under Picture password on the right side. (see screenshot below)
3. Enter your account's password to verify it's you, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)
4. Do step 5 (current picture) or step 6 (new picture) below for what you want to do.
A) Click/tap on Use this picture on the left side, and go to step 7. (see screenshot below)
A) Click/tap on Choose new picture on the left side. (see screenshot below)
B) Navigate to and select the picture file you want to use, and click/tap on Open. (see screenshot below)
C) Drag your picture to position it the way you want, click/tap on Use this picture when finished, and go to step 7. (see screenshot below)
NoteIf you want to use a different picture, then click/tap on Choose new picture and repeat step 6B above until you have a picture you want to use.
7. Draw the first gesture on your picture. (see screenshot below)
8. Draw the second gesture on your picture. (see screenshot below)
9. Draw the third gesture on your picture. (see screenshot below)
10. You will now need to repeat steps 7 to 9 above to draw the same three gestures again to confirm them. (see screenshot below)
11. If successful, click/tap on Finish. (see screenshot below)
12. You can now close Settings if you like.
- How to Add a Picture Password to your Account in Windows 10
- How to Remove a Picture Password from your Account in Windows 10
- How to Replay your Picture Password in Windows 10
Isn't there a way for the webcam to do facial recognition without you doing any gestures?