How to Change Mailbox Sync Settings for Mail app in Windows 10
Windows 10 comes with a new Mail app. The new Mail app brings improved performance and a familiar three-pane email UI, with a toggle to quickly move between your email and calendar. Mail includes customizable Swipe Gestures, letting you swipe right or left to take actions like delete, flag, move or mark as read/unread. Also check out the new email authoring experience. Mail leverages the familiar and rich capability of Word to that allows you to easily insert tables, add pictures and use bullets and color to your text. The new Mail apps support Office 365, Exchange, Outlook.com, Gmail, IMAP, POP and other popular accounts.
You can change your mailbox sync settings for how often you want to download new email content, and how far back you want to download old email from your email server per account in the Mail app.
This tutorial will show you how to change the mailbox sync settings per account in your Mail app in Windows 10.
1. Open the Mail app.
2. Click/tap on the Settings button at the bottom of the left pane, and click/tap on Manage Accounts in the Settings flyout. (see screenshot below)
3. Click/tap on the account you want to change mailbox sync settings for. (see screenshot below)
4. Click/tap on Change mailbox sync settings. (see screenshot below)
5. Select how often to download new content, and select how far back to download email from on the server, turn on or off Email under Sync options for what you want, and click/tap on Done. (see screenshot below)
6. Click/tap on Save to apply. (see screenshot below)