Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect  

Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
  1. donnje's Avatar
    Posts : 63
    w10
       #970

    Hi,
    How can I easily extract a file from the image. mrimg?
    Thanks
      My Computer

  2. ignatzatsonic's Avatar
    Posts : 2,406
    Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
       #971

    donnje said:
    Hi,
    How can I easily extract a file from the image. mrimg?
    Thanks
    Open the mrimg file in File Explorer (double click), navigate to the file, copy it wherever you want?
      My Computer

  3. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,175
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #972

    donnje said:
    Hi,
    How can I easily extract a file from the image. mrimg?
    Thanks
    Right click the Image and click Explore. Select the C: drive and optional access boxes. the system assigns a drive letter and opens the drive for you. Now just explore just like any other Windows folders and files. copy anything you want/need.

    When done, go to MY Pc, right click the mounted image and click the Macrium dismount.
      My Computers

  4. donnje's Avatar
    Posts : 63
    w10
       #973

    f14tomcat said:
    Right click the Image and click Explore. Select the C: drive and optional access boxes. the system assigns a drive letter and opens the drive for you. Now just explore just like any other Windows folders and files. copy anything you want/need.

    When done, go to MY Pc, right click the mounted image and click the Macrium dismount.
    Great it works :)
      My Computer

  5. Clintlgm's Avatar
    Posts : 1,083
    Win 10 pro Upgraded from 8.1
       #974

    Question how do I clone an new workstation with out starting the OS and installing MR, is it possible that I can use the USB Recovery driver from an different workstation?

    This is a new Dell Precision Workstation SFF 3440 I have 2 m.2 NVME slots the Original junk SSD Dell sold me and 2nd .2 NVME Slot holding my Samsung 970 Pro.
    Windows 10 Pro for workstations
    I have MR Recovery USB for Win 10 Pro
    I don't want to release my Registered MR as I'm replacing a failing workstation that I will transfer the registration before I go online with the new one but I have a good bit of time configuring the new one to work in my business set up.

    I might use the Free version to back up as I'm configuring this new on, so also will the free version boot with out having MR installed?
      My Computers

  6. thomaseg1's Avatar
    Posts : 13,332
    Windows 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.804 & 21327.1000
       #975

    Clintlgm said:
    Question how do I clone an new workstation with out starting the OS and installing MR, is it possible that I can use the USB Recovery driver from an different workstation?
    Yes you can , I use just one usb Macrium reflect rescue on all my computers, while I avoid cloning opting for imaging.
    Once you boot the rescue disk it will give you a display of disks from there you should be able to do what you want.
      My Computers

  7. Clintlgm's Avatar
    Posts : 1,083
    Win 10 pro Upgraded from 8.1
       #976

    thomaseg1 said:
    Yes you can , I use just one usb Macrium reflect rescue on all my computers, while I avoid cloning opting for imaging.
    Once you boot the rescue disk it will give you a display of disks from there you should be able to do what you want.
    Cool I kind of thought so , just haven't actually had to do it this way before. My plan is to clone then remove the 256gb and put it up for the future. like selling this to some one else in 5 years or so.
    Thank you very much for your Reply and knowledge

    Actually it boot to MR however MR could not see my SSD Guess i needed a RST driver that was not created on the other computer even though that computer is in RAID mode and boot.
    Last edited by Clintlgm; 11 Dec 2020 at 15:17.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 8
    Windows 10
       #977

    First of all thanks for this clear and very specific guide!
    However I do have a couple of questions:
    1) If I make this program image all the partitions of a selected disk, when they are restored are they going to have the exact same size, free space included?
    For instance If I have a Windows partition ( boot partition ) of 300 GB with some free space in It ( let's say 150 GB ), when the restore happens will this program just create a 150 GB Windows partition, or will It create a 300 GB partition ( same size of the original one with the free space included )?
    2) Can I create the image of all the partitions of a certain drive and then restore them on a new, different drive? If this is the case, do I first need to install windows on the new drive?
      My Computer

  9. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,496
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #978

    jacktell said:
    First of all thanks for this clear and very specific guide!
    However I do have a couple of questions:
    1) If I make this program image all the partitions of a selected disk, when they are restored are they going to have the exact same size, free space included?
    For instance If I have a Windows partition ( boot partition ) of 300 GB with some free space in It ( let's say 150 GB ), when the restore happens will this program just create a 150 GB Windows partition, or will It create a 300 GB partition ( same size of the original one with the free space included )?
    2) Can I create the image of all the partitions of a certain drive and then restore them on a different drive?
    1. By default the partitions will be the same size but you can change that. This article from the Macrium Knowledgebase shows how Modifying restore destination partition properties - KnowledgeBase v7.2 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7.2 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

    2. Yes you can and you can install to a new drive with nothing on it. MR will take care of everything for you.

    The MR v7.2 User Guide is a really good resource. Macrium Reflect v7.2 User Guide - KnowledgeBase v7.2 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7.2 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 8
    Windows 10
       #979

    kado897 said:
    1. By default the partitions will be the same size but you can change that. This article from the Macrium Knowledgebase shows how Modifying restore destination partition properties - KnowledgeBase v7.2 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7.2 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

    2. Yes you can and you can install to a new drive with nothing on it. MR will take care of everything for you.

    The MR v7.2 User Guide is a really good resource. Macrium Reflect v7.2 User Guide - KnowledgeBase v7.2 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7.2 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase
    Perfect , thanks for the answers and the links, I will read them later.
      My Computer


 
Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums