Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect  

Page 48 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
  1. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,496
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #470

    BobSter2 said:
    Clutching at straws, I made a 64bit version of the rescue disc. Same result
    Have you ever managed to create a bootable USB drive of any kind for that machine?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 101
    Windows 10
       #471

    err, no, but other than those mentioned in this thread, I've never really tried. Other then Linux Boot discs or Macrium Rescue discs, what should I look at?
      My Computer

  3. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,496
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #472

    BobSter2 said:
    err, no, but other than those mentioned in this thread, I've never really tried. Other then Linux Boot discs or Macrium Rescue discs, what should I look at?
    Might be worth trying a W10 install disk created by the media creation tool. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10
      My Computer

  4. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,733
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #473

    BobSter2 said:
    err, no, but other than those mentioned in this thread, I've never really tried. Other then Linux Boot discs or Macrium Rescue discs, what should I look at?


    The smallest and quickest way to make a bootable usb is to make a Windows 10 Recovery Drive usb with the box to include system files unticked. You can make this on the PC itself without having to downloading anything. It should boot to Advanced Startup.

    Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 | Tutorials
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 101
    Windows 10
       #474

    kado897 said:
    Might be worth trying a W10 install disk created by the media creation tool. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10
    Windows>Advanced settings>Restart>Use a Device>UEFI:Removable Device>
    does nowt (it just boots to standard the Windows startup screen)

    My F7 BIOS menu can't see the drive.

    Explorer sees the drive and double clicking the setup.exe in there kicks-off something likely-looking (I aborted it).

    But ain't no booting going on...
      My Computer

  6. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,496
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #475

    BobSter2 said:
    Windows>Advanced settings>Restart>Use a Device>UEFI:Removable Device>
    does nowt (it just boots to standard the Windows startup screen)

    My F7 BIOS menu can't see the drive.

    Explorer sees the drive and double clicking the setup.exe in there kicks-off something likely-looking (I aborted it).

    But ain't no booting going on...
    I really don't know what to suggest. It would seem that your device can't successfully boot from USB.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 101
    Windows 10
       #476

    It does rather look that way, doesn't it?

    I notice in Windows Advanced "Use a Device" settings, there is an option for "UEFI: Network Device". I know nothing about that. I have a (WD Cloud) NAS, Would it help any with a Macrium Reflect Rescue? ... If so, how would one configure the Rescue files on the NAS?
      My Computer

  8. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,496
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #477

    BobSter2 said:
    It does rather look that way, doesn't it?

    I notice in Windows Advanced "Use a Device" settings, there is an option for "UEFI: Network Device". I know nothing about that. I have a (WD Cloud) NAS, Would it help any with a Macrium Reflect Rescue? ... If so, how would one configure the Rescue files on the NAS?
    I really have no idea about that I'm afraid.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 101
    Windows 10
       #478

    Actually, I suppose that if i could get as far as Windows-with-networking, then I probably wouldn't need a rescue disk, anyway!

    Guess I'll have to put this one in the "tried but failed" pile....
      My Computer

  10. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 39,496
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #479

    BobSter2 said:
    Actually, I suppose that if i could get as far as Windows-with-networking, then I probably wouldn't need a rescue disk, anyway!

    Guess I'll have to put this one in the "tried but failed" pile....
    Since you can boot to the rescue environment via the menu most situations can be recovered from there, however if you can't get to the boot menu then you are in trouble. Also if you ever need to reinstall windows then you are stuck. It's not an ideal situation. I wonder if there is a forum somewhere for your device where you may be able to get more information.
      My Computer


 
Page 48 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums