Windows 10: Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect  

Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
  1.    26 Mar 2017 #140

    Hi,

    Has anyone ever considered a group buy of MR licences ?

    If not, I'm open to buy a 4 license pack and offer the ones I do not need to another member at cost.

    Just an idea.

    Coupon time would be best of course.

    Chees,
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    28 Mar 2017 #141

    kado897 said: View Post
    V6 had that too but only the paid version. I suspect V7 will be the same. It's really fast if you have a recent image and I have daily differentials.
    Interesting - I do not understand why RDR/RDC is cited as a new feature. CBT is new (if I understood what that is - LOL).

    If RDR/RDC is not in free version, then that is the single biggest differentiator making it worth seriously considering buying it. Incremental images are a lesser plus. I prefer diffs anyway as they have a slightly higher integrity than incs (problem with incs if one gets corrupted or deleted, all subsequent incs in the "chain" are useless. Diffs are independent).

    For my use, diffs hardly change in size as I keep OS+progs on C drive, and only real changes are general updates which hardly add much to size of diff.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 20,740
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       28 Mar 2017 #142

    cereberus said: View Post
    Interesting - I do not understand why RDR/RDC is cited as a new feature. CBT is new (if I understood what that is - LOL).

    If RDR/RDC is not in free version, then that is the single biggest differentiator making it worth seriously considering buying it. Incremental images are a lesser plus. I prefer diffs anyway as they have a slightly higher integrity than incs (problem with incs if one gets corrupted or deleted, all subsequent incs in the "chain" are useless. Diffs are independent).

    For my use, diffs hardly change in size as I keep OS+progs on C drive, and only real changes are general updates which hardly add much to size of diff.
    Yes CBT is new but my understanding is that it only affects incremental backups which I only do occasionally. If RDR is in the free V7 then the paid version will have virtually nothing extra that I need.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 9
    Windows 10 duh
       29 Mar 2017 #143

    I don't get why anyone would use "free" software that is only a 30 day trial when Windows 10 has a built-in feature that allows people to backup system images right from the OS: How to take system image backups in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech

    Can someone enlighten me on the difference?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    29 Mar 2017 #144

    Hi,

    Makio9 said: View Post
    I don't get why anyone would use "free" software that is only a 30 day trial when Windows 10 has a built-in feature that allows people to backup system images right from the OS: How to take system image backups in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech

    Can someone enlighten me on the difference?

    https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    29 Mar 2017 #145

    Makio9 said: View Post
    I don't get why anyone would use "free" software that is only a 30 day trial when Windows 10 has a built-in feature that allows people to backup system images right from the OS: How to take system image backups in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech

    Can someone enlighten me on the difference?
    Macrium Reflect Free actually works most all the time. That's the biggest difference. :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    29 Mar 2017 #146

    Makio9 said: View Post
    I don't get why anyone would use "free" software that is only a 30 day trial when Windows 10 has a built-in feature that allows people to backup system images right from the OS: How to take system image backups in Windows 10 [Tip] | Reviews, news, tips, and tricks | dotTechdotTech

    Can someone enlighten me on the difference?
    You are installing wrong version.

    MRF is far superior, more reliable, more flexible, faster, smaller images, many features eg boot menu option, boot repair options, and many other features.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 20,740
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       29 Mar 2017 #147

    cereberus said: View Post
    You are installing wrong version.

    MRF is far superior, more reliable, more flexible, faster, smaller images, many features eg boot menu option, boot repair options, and many other features.
    and the free version is sufficient for most peoples needs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 9
    Windows 10 duh
       29 Mar 2017 #148

    cereberus said: View Post
    You are installing wrong version.

    MRF is far superior, more reliable, more flexible, faster, smaller images, many features eg boot menu option, boot repair options, and many other features.
    I installed the same version as fdegrove linked. I thought I saw somewhere on their page it was 30 day trial.

    Anyway, thanks for all the replies. I didn't think anything would be more reliable than what Microsoft developed for themselves since they are the billion dollar company -- but I guess I was wrong.

    I will check out these extra features.

    Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    29 Mar 2017 #149

    Makio9 said: View Post
    I installed the same version as fdegrove linked. I thought I saw somewhere on their page it was 30 day trial.

    Anyway, thanks for all the replies. I didn't think anything would be more reliable than what Microsoft developed for themselves since they are the billion dollar company -- but I guess I was wrong.

    I will check out these extra features.

    Thanks!
    Truth is MS have not developed their tool since Windows 7 days and has been left behind by miles.

    MS have been trying to drop this for years in favour of File History Backup which few use as far as I can tell. In windows 8, the link to the image backup tool was obscure. Peer pressure made MS make it more visible so they decided to call it Backup and Restore (Windows 7) which in itself tells you how old it is. In simple terms, this basic offering is pants compared with the 3rd party tools.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Xbox Windows Phone


Related Threads
Solved Macrium Reflect Backup Failures in Backup and Restore
I noticed today that my daily Reflect backups had failed for the past three days, all with the same log file errors. The Reflect help file has an entry for VSS Error: 0x8004231f - Failed to Create Volume Snapshot. I started to research that,...
A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017...
I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist,...
I've configured Reflect to automatically run full and differential backups to two drives as shown in the enclosed Reflect status report. 111247 The report says the last " full system backup to usb hdd" was run on 14/11/16 and was successful....
Hi there Trying to restore an image on to a RAID 0 SSD from stand alone version. After loading the RAID driver Macrium SEES all the HDD's and can select images etc. However when TARGET destination is chosen No HDD's are seen. !!! ...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09.
Find Us