Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
  1.    20 Mar 2017 #130
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 53
    windows 10

    Well, the fix EdTittle saved the day. I went easy and just created an imace of my C drive, and it worked successfully, So, I though I would then create an individual image of each drive, and was smacked in the face with failure once agaion, this time "Backup Aborted! - Failed To CreateVolume Snapshot. Result Code: 0x80042316"
    I looked through MR trouble shooter w/o success. This is just cursed for me as much as everyone raves about it, not that I doubt itI had 6 up an drunning, but since I tried to move the backup[s to a larger drive, downhill fast. Now I'm starting to run out of my 30 day trial on 7 and still nothing. No quite working so yurnkey for me, and still have no backups.
    Sigh,
    Oh, the ragman draws circles
    Up and down the block
    I’d ask him what the matter was
    But I know that he don’t talk
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    20 Mar 2017 #131
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,075
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lambert58 View Post
    Well, the fix EdTittle saved the day. I went easy and just created an imace of my C drive, and it worked successfully, So, I though I would then create an individual image of each drive, and was smacked in the face with failure once agaion, this time "Backup Aborted! - Failed To CreateVolume Snapshot. Result Code: 0x80042316"
    I looked through MR trouble shooter w/o success. This is just cursed for me as much as everyone raves about it, not that I doubt itI had 6 up an drunning, but since I tried to move the backup[s to a larger drive, downhill fast. Now I'm starting to run out of my 30 day trial on 7 and still nothing. No quite working so yurnkey for me, and still have no backups.
    Sigh,
    Oh, the ragman draws circles
    Up and down the block
    Iíd ask him what the matter was
    But I know that he donít talk
    Morning, @Lambert58

    Could you post a link, please, to this? the fix EdTittle


    Thanks.....
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    21 Mar 2017 #132
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Posts : 53
    windows 10

    Page 12 post #115 of this thread.
    I named it the EdTittle fix, Ed did not, he discovered it, er, found it in the breadth of the MR6 guide, and it worked for me, it is a two part easy fix. I did the first, it did not fix, added the second, BaBoom! the fix was in.

    Unfortunately I am still stuck. the VSS is killing me, now "Service Host: Microsoft Shadow Copy Provider is running my cpu at 30% non-stopI found one fix, but was only temp till next restart, on top of the other error message I posted. " I knows MS is/has switching to Sevice Hosts but determining which hosts what.

    I just stumbled upon this https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...rnals/bb896653 which I hope is OK top post, I have zero affiliation with the site of the program, Process Explorer, which is said to show you information about which handles and DLLs processes have opened or loaded.

    But the post office has been stolen
    And the mailbox is locked
    Last edited by Lambert58; 21 Mar 2017 at 03:26.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    25 Mar 2017 #133
    Join Date : Feb 2017
    Posts : 68
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 14393.1066 (RS1)

    hi guys, would like to try Macrium Reflect: do you think version 7 is safe enough or should I choose v6? I see in macrium homepage that v7 is not the default download, so I'm not sure..

    thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    25 Mar 2017 #134
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,465
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by brainvision View Post
    hi guys, would like to try Macrium Reflect: do you think version 7 is safe enough or should I choose v6? I see in macrium homepage that v7 is not the default download, so I'm not sure..

    thanks
    Might as well start with free v6 version, There will not be free 7 for a while yet.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    25 Mar 2017 #135
    Join Date : Feb 2017
    Posts : 68
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 14393.1066 (RS1)

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Might as well start with free v6 version, There will not be free 7 for a while yet.
    thanks, and do you have any link about features not available in free version?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    25 Mar 2017 #136
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,465
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by brainvision View Post
    thanks, and do you have any link about features not available in free version?
    Macrium Reflect Free | Macrium Software
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    26 Mar 2017 #137
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 6,007
    Windows10

    I suggest some text is added about V7's new features.

    If you restore an image over same install used to create image, MR uses Rapid Delta Restore and is really fast as it only restores stuff that hSy changed. If you want to reinstall everything, you have to wipe target partitions first.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    26 Mar 2017 #138
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,979
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    I suggest some text is added about V7's new features.

    If you restore an image over same install used to create image, MR uses Rapid Delta Restore and is really fast as it only restores stuff that hSy changed. If you want to reinstall everything, you have to wipe target partitions first.
    Thanks for reminder. I will edit tut and add new features as soon as time allows.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    26 Mar 2017 #139
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Watford
    Posts : 13,983
    Windows 10 Home 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by cereberus View Post
    I suggest some text is added about V7's new features.

    If you restore an image over same install used to create image, MR uses Rapid Delta Restore and is really fast as it only restores stuff that hSy changed. If you want to reinstall everything, you have to wipe target partitions first.
    V6 had that too but only the paid version. I suspect V7 will be the same. It's really fast if you have a recent image and I have daily differentials.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Solved Macrium Reflect Backup Failures
I noticed today that my daily Reflect backups had failed for the past three days, all with the same log file errors. The Reflect help file has an entry for VSS Error: 0x8004231f - Failed to Create Volume Snapshot. I started to research that,...
Backup and Restore
Solved Cannot backup to Macrium Reflect Free
A couple of days ago Macrium was working just fine but then when it started it's daily backup of my system drive (incremental) it failed pretty well straight away, with this message: Starting Image - Friday, January 20, 2017...
Backup and Restore
Macrium Reflect & backups & restore
I threw MACRIUM into the title because I knew it would get Caledon Ken's attention as he keeps recommending it. My problem with any kind of backups is that when you do so, you are copying all existing errors, bugs and other problems that exist,...
Backup and Restore
How Reliable is Macrium Reflect Backup Scheduling?
I've configured Reflect to automatically run full and differential backups to two drives as shown in the enclosed Reflect status report. 111247 The report says the last " full system backup to usb hdd" was run on 14/11/16 and was successful....
Backup and Restore
Solved Macrium reflect doesn't find RAID HDD's for RESTORE but SEES on BACKUP
Hi there Trying to restore an image on to a RAID 0 SSD from stand alone version. After loading the RAID driver Macrium SEES all the HDD's and can select images etc. However when TARGET destination is chosen No HDD's are seen. !!! ...
Backup and Restore
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:40.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums