Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect  


  1. Posts : 492
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #1340

    kado897 said:
    as I'm using W10 Home which doesn't have Hyper-V.
    i'm just curious and have no idea about all this hyper v and virtual stuff and have no intention of going down this path but i have home here and all the hyper v stuff is listed in my services, not running but its there so does that mean it is installed on my home machine ??

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-hyper-v.png

    Rob
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 908
    windows 10 professional 64-bit, 21H2
       #1341

    rooscoota said:
    i'm just curious and have no idea about all this hyper v and virtual stuff and have no intention of going down this path but i have home here and all the hyper v stuff is listed in my services, not running but its there so does that mean it is installed on my home machine ??

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-hyper-v.png

    Rob
    Go to Start/Search & type in "Turn Windows feature on or off" (no quotes). See if you have the hyper V option:
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    If so, it's installed. If not, I found this on the web, but I haven't tried it.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 2,832
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #1342

    Hi,

    Windows 10 Home does not support Hyper-V. The services may be present but not usable for that version of W10.

    Cheers,
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 492
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #1343

    phrab said:
    Go to Start/Search & type in "Turn Windows feature on or off" (no quotes). See if you have the hyper V option:
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    If so, it's installed. If not, I found this on the web, but I haven't tried it.
    nope not there, no problem i dont want it.

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-333.png
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 2,832
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #1344

    Hi,

    @Rooscotta :
    You can use third party VM software that runs on W10Home.

    Cheers,
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 492
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #1345

    fdegrove said:
    Hi,

    @Rooscotta :
    You can use third party VM software that runs on W10Home.

    Cheers,
    i'm a pretty basic unit and dont know anything about this subject and have no use for it anyways was just curious re in services. but checking out "Turn Windows feature on or off" confirms i dont have what i dont want or need.

    thanks

    Rob
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 2,832
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #1346

    Hi,

    Fine by me. Still, should you need it one day I know how to do that for your W10 Home.

    Cheers,
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 4,331
    Windows 10 preview 64-bit Home
       #1347

    Just my twopence worth, I tried Virtual Box but found it a bit clunky and slow. I prefer VMware Workstation 16 Player which is also free and plenty of howto's on YT to get started. I play about with Linux on mine.

    Download VMware Workstation Player | VMware | UK
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 7,580
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #1348

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-macrium-service-disabled.jpg

    I have installed Macrium Reflect 8 Free. I have disabled "Macrium Service", which is not running as shown above. I have not started Macrium Reflect for at least a week. However, a process named "Macrium Reflect UI Watcher" is now running as shown below:
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-macrium-reflect-ui-watcher.jpg

    "Macrium Reflect UI Watcher" refers to "C:\Program Files\Macrium\Common\ReflectUI.exe".
    Is there a way to prevent "Macrium Reflect UI Watcher" from starting automatically?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,832
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #1349

    Hi,

    Open Taskmanager and go to "Startup" Locate "Macrium Reflect UI Watcher" and disable it.

    Cheers,
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:01.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums