Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect  


  1. Posts : 14,623
    Windows10
       #1270

    Matthew Wai said:
    He does not have a lot of non-portable apps, so he need not back up the partitions.

    I prefer reinstallation over using an image, and I am not wise enough to use such sophisticated software as Macrium Reflect, which is intended for wise users, I suppose.



    Do not confuse common sense with intelligence.

    One may not be the most intelligent but have the common sense to understand importance of backups.

    People can be intelligent and have no common sense.

    Making image backups is not rocket science and it is never too late to learn.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 29,078
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #1271

    Matthew Wai said:
    He does not have a lot of non-portable apps, so he need not back up the partitions.

    I prefer reinstallation over using an image, and I am not wise enough to use such sophisticated software as Macrium Reflect, which is intended for wise users, I suppose.
    Nope. If I can use it, anyone can.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 7,580
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #1272

    ... as long as anyone can understand English.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 167
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1586]
       #1273

    Thank you for very clear tutorial. I have saved MaBackup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-disk-man-screenshot-2022-01-28-182130-.pngcrium Reflect to my User Account Download Folder. Would I be wiser to move it to a special partition of my Computer ? I am downloading an image of my Computer Disk Management. I cannot see any way of creating a small partition but I have no experience of doing this and would appreciate some further clarification before continuing.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 908
    windows 10 professional 64-bit, 21H2
       #1274

    PostmanPuzzled said:
    Thank you for very clear tutorial. I have saved MaBackup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-disk-man-screenshot-2022-01-28-182130-.pngcrium Reflect to my User Account Download Folder. Would I be wiser to move it to a special partition of my Computer ? I am downloading an image of my Computer Disk Management. I cannot see any way of creating a small partition but I have no experience of doing this and would appreciate some further clarification before continuing.
    If you're talking about your images, it would be best to save them to an external drive or to a thumb drive. That way, if anything happens to your computer, you have your backups safe. Personally, I create 2 incremental images daily: one to an external drive that I leave plugged in & one to a thumb drive that I remove every morning & plug it back in at night (which is when I create my images).

    If I leave home, I can take my thumb drive with me.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 167
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1586]
       #1275

    Thank you. I had not yet got on to Backup and Restore and do intend to save those on USB Flash Drives. I was referring to item 12 of the Tutorial re Creating a Recovery Image (sorry prob not quite correct title but I cannot see it without losing this thread message). It talks about creating a small partition on your INTERNAL Drive, I assumed for the ISO required for setting up the Recovery Image, if I understood it correctly.
    Last edited by PostmanPuzzled; 28 Jan 2022 at 15:11. Reason: mistyping
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 908
    windows 10 professional 64-bit, 21H2
       #1276

    PostmanPuzzled said:
    Thank you. I had not yet got on to Backup and Restore and do intend to save those on USB Flash Drives. I was referring to item 12 of the Tutorial re Creating a Recovery Image (sorry prob not quite correct title but I cannot see it without losing this thread message). It talks about creating a small partition on your INTERNAL Drive, I assumed for the ISO required for setting up the Recovery Image, if I understood it correctly.
    Sorry, I couldn't find what you're talking about. FWIW, to duplicate a tab, you usually can right click on it & choose "Duplicate tab". You can also use Alt+D+Enter in Chrome.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 121
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1277

    PostmanPuzzled said:
    Thank you. I had not yet got on to Backup and Restore and do intend to save those on USB Flash Drives. I was referring to item 12 of the Tutorial re Creating a Recovery Image (sorry prob not quite correct title but I cannot see it without losing this thread message). It talks about creating a small partition on your INTERNAL Drive, I assumed for the ISO required for setting up the Recovery Image, if I understood it correctly.
    I've only been using MR since 2019, but I've searched and can't find the tutorial you're referencing. That said, the hard drive partition that the RM builder creates, is just another recovery media - flash drive, an ISO file, etc. All of them do the same thing - let you perform backup and recovery operations outside of Windows. By having that rescue environment on the HDD, it's faster. 'Course, if the HDD bites it, you have other media you can boot from.

    FWIW, you can get the complete user guide for v8 at: Macrium Reflect KnowledgeBase

    - - - Updated - - -

    PostmanPuzzled said:
    Thank you. I had not yet got on to Backup and Restore and do intend to save those on USB Flash Drives. I was referring to item 12 of the Tutorial re Creating a Recovery Image (sorry prob not quite correct title but I cannot see it without losing this thread message). It talks about creating a small partition on your INTERNAL Drive, I assumed for the ISO required for setting up the Recovery Image, if I understood it correctly.
    I've only been using MR since 2019, but I've searched and can't find the tutorial you're referencing. That said, the hard drive partition that the RM builder creates, is just another recovery media - flash drive, an ISO file, etc. All of them do the same thing - let you perform backup and recovery operations outside of Windows. By having that rescue environment on the HDD, it's faster. 'Course, if the HDD bites it, you have other media you can boot from.

    FWIW, you can get the complete user guide for v8 at: Macrium Reflect KnowledgeBase
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 167
    Windows 10 Home x64 Version 21H2 Build 19044.1586]
       #1278

    Backup and Restore with Macrium


    Many thanks.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 156
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       #1279

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.pngGuys i have just downloaded MR and i cant see this when system starts, do i need to turn this option on if so how please?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:16.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums