Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect  


  1. Posts : 121
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1220

    Ghot said:
    Same difference. It's now harder to disable, for those of us that don't DO incremental or differential backups.
    Hey man to each his own. Just trying to be helpful...
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 23,431
    Win 10 Home ♦♦♦19045.4412 (x64) [22H2]
       #1221

    Silky said:
    Hey man to each his own. Just trying to be helpful...


    I "planned" to not have too much on my C;\ drive, to make differential and incrementals unnecessary.
    I don't mind if folks want to run more complicated backup schemes, I DO mind when designers ONLY take those folk into consideration.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 31,842
    10 Home x64 (22H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1222

    Ghot said:
    Same difference. It's now harder to disable, for those of us that don't DO incremental or differential backups.

    I find the simplest way to always have the ID turned off is to save a backup definition file with the ID turned off. Then to run the backup again with a new custom image name I edit the the image name in the backup definition before running it.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 121
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1223

    Bree said:
    I find the simplest way to always have the ID turned off is to save a backup definition file with the ID turned off. Then to run the backup again with a new custom image name I edit the the image name in the backup definition before running it.
    Bree is not like mere mortals...
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 23,431
    Win 10 Home ♦♦♦19045.4412 (x64) [22H2]
       #1224

    Bree said:
    I find the simplest way to always have the ID turned off is to save a backup definition file with the ID turned off. Then to run the backup again with a new custom image name I edit the the image name in the backup definition before running it.


    I thought of that. But it's still more work for me...for absolutely no reason.
    They have permanent switches for just about every default setting, except Image ID.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 11,062
    Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 0n one desktop and running Window 11 Pro 22H2 on unsupported desktop
       #1225

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-backupx.pngBackup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-macrium.pngHello Kari I have just got an external drive and am now stuck in Point 3 as what to do with the backup that will be able to restore my installation of Windows 10.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 50,055
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #1226

    ICIT2LOL said:
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-backupx.pngBackup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-macrium.pngHello Kari I have just got an external drive and am now stuck in Point 3 as what to do with the backup that will be able to restore my installation of Windows 10.
    You need to create rescue media. See Part 2 of the tutorial.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 21,421
    19044.1586 - 21H2 Pro x64
       #1227

    ICIT2LOL said:
    ..... Hello Kari I have just got an external drive and am now stuck in Point 3 as what to do with the backup that will be able to restore my installation of Windows 10.
    Hello John ,
    Are you asking about "Part Three: Create a Full Backup image" of the tutorial?

    I would create a folder D:\Backups or whatever you want to name it and specify that as the destination similar to what the tutorial shows. Then confirm from Windows File Explorer that the backup image got created in that folder after Macrium Reflect finishes doing the backup.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 11,062
    Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 0n one desktop and running Window 11 Pro 22H2 on unsupported desktop
       #1228

    steve108 said:
    Hello John ,
    Are you asking about "Part Three: Create a Full Backup image" of the tutorial?

    I would create a folder D:\Backups or whatever you want to name it and specify that as the destination similar to what the tutorial shows. Then confirm from Windows File Explorer that the backup image got created in that folder after Macrium Reflect finishes doing the backup.
    Ok Steve I will do that too it all seems to be rather complicated though.


    Plus Kado I will try what you suggest too.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 11,062
    Windows 10 Pro version 22H2 0n one desktop and running Window 11 Pro 22H2 on unsupported desktop
       #1229

    Well I have downloaded Macrium Reflect as per Part 2 but it does not go exactly as the tutorial goes. When I open the program it says do I want to make changes to my machine all I get is what is in the pic
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-macriumxx.png
    There is no reference to "Do I want to make a rescue media" etc etc
      My Computer


 

Tutorial Categories

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:06.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums