Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect  


  1. Posts : 897
    windows 10 professional 64-bit, 21H2
       #1080

    Bree said:
    Here's the v8 Beta Knowledge base, so you can get a head start....

    403 Forbidden
    FWIW, I get a "403 Forbidden" message when I click that link now.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 2,826
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       #1081

    Hi,

    The V8.0 knowledge base isn't available online yet.

    Cheers,
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 24,497
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1082

    phrab said:
    FWIW, I get a "403 Forbidden" message when I click that link now.
    Interesting, so do I - now.

    That was a Beta knowledgebase, it's removal could be a sign that v8 is about to be released.....
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 24,497
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1083

    fdegrove said:
    The V8.0 knowledge base isn't available online yet.

    The v8 Beta knowledge base was freely readable until recently, you can read an archived copy of it in the Internet Archive Wayback Machine.

    https://web.archive.org/web/20201229...isplay/KNOW80/
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #1084

    Kari said:
    This tutorial will need to be completely rewritten. As version 8 is so close, to avoid two rewrites in a few weeks, I'll wait until version 8 is out, before rewriting the tutorial.

    Be patient, geeks.

    Kari
    You are aware, Kari, that patience and geeks don't go together, right?
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 123,242
    Windows 11 Pro (x64) 21H2 Build 22000.675
       #1085

    Wynona said:
    You are aware, Kari, that patience and geeks don't go together, right?
    I can wait ....and when its released I'll buy it ...
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #1086

    Hi guys, using fully patched MR .v7 free for few years now but never delved into inner workings or using only for full system disk backups. Until now windows were on a 250GB SSD but now I doubled it to 500GB divided into 2 partitions of about equal size.First ones are for Windows and second part (H:) is for games.
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    Although initial backup goes to another NVME 1TB drive, it takes 30 -40 minutes to finish backup of whole disk. (used to take 10-12 minutes for 250GB drive with about 180GB in files). To shorten and speed up backup process I started to make Differential backup and now I have this:
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    as the result.Top one is full disk backup and second one I presume is Differential.
    Which is just fine but now I'm not sure what would happen when I go to restore. This is what it shows in Restore section
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    In this mode it doesn't even see differential .mrimg.
    Am I right to suppose that in case I want to restore it to already working Windows it would use just differential .mrimg but in case of not working windows or on a new disk, it will use full backup + Differential. ?
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 46,458
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #1087

    CountMike said:
    Hi guys, using fully patched MR .v7 free for few years now but never delved into inner workings or using only for full system disk backups. Until now windows were on a 250GB SSD but now I doubled it to 500GB divided into 2 partitions of about equal size.First ones are for Windows and second part (H:) is for games.
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    Although initial backup goes to another NVME 1TB drive, it takes 30 -40 minutes to finish backup of whole disk. (used to take 10-12 minutes for 250GB drive with about 180GB in files). To shorten and speed up backup process I started to make Differential backup and now I have this:
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    as the result.Top one is full disk backup and second one I presume is Differential.
    Which is just fine but now I'm not sure what would happen when I go to restore. This is what it shows in Restore section
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    In this mode it doesn't even see differential .mrimg.
    Am I right to suppose that in case I want to restore it to already working Windows it would use just differential .mrimg but in case of not working windows or on a new disk, it will use full backup + Differential. ?
    The second one from the naming looks like a separate full backup. This is what a full backup and a series of differentials or incrementals looks like. Note the same base name and increasing numerical suffixes.

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image-002.png
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 19,207
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #1088

    Just started new differential backup, will see what it will come out of it

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 46,458
    Windows 10 Home 64bit 21H1 and insider builds
       #1089

    CountMike said:
    Just started new differential backup, will see what it will come out of it

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    Not convinced that is the log of a differential. On Disk C: it should show Looking for Changes before Saving Partition. Are you using the same definition file for the full and differential images? If not then I don't know whether MR will be able to find the full image to base the differential on and will do a full backup again.
      My Computer


 

Tutorial Categories

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums