Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect  

  1. ddelo's Avatar
    Posts : 2,258
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1070

    steve108 said:
    @phrab and @ddelo , Good to know. Thanks
    Most welcome Steve.
    To be honest, besides their amazing product, it was the kind of support they offer to all users (incl. myself), that made me buy the product!
    And the most important part, so far, is that they keep doing it, regardless of their huge success.
      My Computer

  2. steve108's Avatar
    Posts : 12,172
    19041.985 - 2004/20H1 Home x64
       #1071

    ddelo said:
    Most welcome Steve.
    To be honest, besides their amazing product, it was the kind of support they offer to all users (incl. myself), that made me buy the product!
    And the most important part, so far, is that they keep doing it, regardless of their huge success.
    I've been using MR for less than a year, but like you, I'm very pleased - so next time they run a 50% off deal, I'm planning to buy a license.
      My Computer

  3. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,447
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #1072

    This tutorial will need to be completely rewritten. As version 8 is so close, to avoid two rewrites in a few weeks, I'll wait until version 8 is out, before rewriting the tutorial.

    Be patient, geeks.

    Kari
      My Computer

  4. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 19,261
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #1073

    Kari said:
    This tutorial will need to be completely rewritten. As version 8 is so close, to avoid two rewrites in a few weeks, I'll wait until version 8 is out, before rewriting the tutorial.
    Here's the v8 Beta Knowledge base, so you can get a head start....

    https://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW80/
      My Computers

  5. donnje's Avatar
    Posts : 71
    w10
       #1074

    Hi,
    What is it for the file .xml that is created when making a backup?
      My Computer

  6. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 40,225
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #1075

    donnje said:
    Hi,
    What is it for the file .xml that is created when making a backup?
    It is a Backup Definition File. You can use it to run the same backup again or to schedule a backup. They are listed in the Backup Definition Files tab.
      My Computer

  7. donnje's Avatar
    Posts : 71
    w10
       #1076

    kado897 said:
    It is a Backup Definition File. You can use it to run the same backup again or to schedule a backup. They are listed in the Backup Definition Files tab.
    So what if I wanted to make a new backup identical to the previous one with the same settings etc without having to reset everything manually?
      My Computer

  8. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 40,225
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #1077

    donnje said:
    So what if I wanted to make a new backup identical to the previous one with the same settings etc without having to reset everything manually?
    You find the definition on that tab and hit the run dropdown icon and select the type of backup you want.

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image-001.png
      My Computer

  9. donnje's Avatar
    Posts : 71
    w10
       #1078

    kado897 said:
    You find the definition on that tab and hit the run dropdown icon and select the type of backup you want.

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image-001.png
    Thanks a lot for your screen
    So if I don't find the functions of the .xml file useful, might I not even save it when I finish the backup?
      My Computer

  10. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 40,225
    Windows 10 Home 64bit v20H2 and insider builds
       #1079

    donnje said:
    Thanks a lot for your screen
    So if I don't find the functions of the .xml file useful, might I not even save it when I finish the backup?
    That's correct. It also helps to give a meaningful name to those you intend to keep so that you know what they are for.
      My Computer


 

Tutorial Categories

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums