Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect  

  1. phrab's Avatar
    Posts : 634
    windows 10 professional 64-bit, 1204
       #1020

    Caledon Ken said:
    Thank you for the link. I haven't lost my data. Apparently, I have two drives that I've named Passport2, E & F. F is the one with all the data.

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png

    When I go to Disk Management, Drive E doesn't show up.
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png

    So, somehow, I want to get rid of the drive that says Passport2 (E), & then rename Passport2 (F) to Passport2 (E). Then do a backup...don't know if it must be full or incremental.

    Thank you so much for your help.
      My Computer

  2. SIW2's Avatar
    Posts : 1,669
    trying to install win10
       #1021

    Your screenshot shows the volume label as Passport2 there is no "E" in the label according to the properties window.

    It does indicate that letter (E:) has been allocated.

    I would turn off the pc. Detach all disks except the os disk. Restart the pc. Go into regedit and check for any lettered mounted device..and look at show hidden devices in device manager
      My Computer

  3. phrab's Avatar
    Posts : 634
    windows 10 professional 64-bit, 1204
       #1022

    SIW2 said:
    Your screenshot shows the volume label as Passport2 there is no "E" in the label according to the properties window.

    It does indicate that letter (E:) has been allocated.

    I would turn off the pc. Detach all disks except the os disk. Restart the pc. Go into regedit and check for any lettered mounted device..
    Thank you for your reply. Just to be sure. Turn off the computer & unplug my 2 external drives (D, & apparently F). (There is no E drive to remove). Then reboot.
      My Computer

  4. SIW2's Avatar
    Posts : 1,669
    trying to install win10
       #1023

    Thank you for your reply. Just to be sure. Turn off the computer & unplug my 2 external drives (D, & apparently F). (There is no E drive to remove). Then reboot.

    Yes. Then look at the mounted devices in the registry and also look at show hidden in device manager.

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-mounted-devs.png
      My Computer

  5. phrab's Avatar
    Posts : 634
    windows 10 professional 64-bit, 1204
       #1024

    SIW2 said:
    Yes. Then look at the mounted devices in the registry and also look at show hidden in device manager.

    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-mounted-devs.png
    Thank you again!

    This is what I see:
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    and Device manager/Hidden devices shows:
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    When I right click on these, 6 say working properly & 3 say not connected, but don't show what drive they are. What can I do now?
      My Computer

  6. SIW2's Avatar
    Posts : 1,669
    trying to install win10
       #1025

    Delete the lettered entries from mounted devices (dont delete C ). Rt click the entry that says \DosDevices\D: and select delete.
    Then delete \DosDevices\E:,\DosDevices\F:, \DosDevices\K:, \DosDevices\R:

    Reboot.

    Then attach whichever external device you want as D:
      My Computer

  7. phrab's Avatar
    Posts : 634
    windows 10 professional 64-bit, 1204
       #1026

    SIW2 said:
    Delete the lettered entries from mounted devices (dont delete C ). Rt click the entry that says \DosDevices\D: and select delete.
    Then delete \DosDevices\E:,\DosDevices\F:, \DosDevices\K:, \DosDevices\R:

    Reboot.

    Then attach whichever external device you want as D:
    Thank you again!!
    Since I have both external drives plugged in, would this work?
    1. Leave D alone, since it shows up as I want.
    2. Unplug Passport2 & then delete the ones you've said to delete (except for D).
    3. Reboot
    4. Plug in Passport2 & assign it to E.
    I should export the reg keys first, I assume, just in case.

    One more thing: R is assigned to a DVD drive. Can I leave that alone?
      My Computer

  8. SIW2's Avatar
    Posts : 1,669
    trying to install win10
       #1027

    yes, you could probably leave DosDevices\A: and B: and D: and R: as is..
    Last edited by SIW2; 26 Jan 2021 at 15:02.
      My Computer

  9. phrab's Avatar
    Posts : 634
    windows 10 professional 64-bit, 1204
       #1028

    SIW2 said:
    yes, you could probably leave DosDevices\A: and B: and D: and R: as is. I usually delete everything except the os device.
    Fantastic. It worked!!
    Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect-image.png
    Thank you so much!! Now I just have to make a backup.
      My Computer

  10. SIW2's Avatar
    Posts : 1,669
    trying to install win10
       #1029

      My Computer


 

Tutorial Categories

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:01.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums