How to Create a Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10
InformationThe Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions include the Hyper-V virtualization technology. Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems can be used and managed just as if they were physical computer systems, however they exist in virtualized and isolated environment. Special software called a hypervisor manages access between the virtual systems and the physical hardware resources. Virtualization enables quick deployment of computer systems, a way to quickly restore systems to a previously known good state, and the ability to migrate systems between physical hosts.
Hyper-V Manager is an in-box tool for diagnosing and managing your local Hyper-V host and a small number of remote hosts. Hyper-V Manager is available through Programs and Features as Hyper-V Management Tools on any Windows OS with Hyper-V included. Hyper-V Platform does not need to be enabled in order to manage remote hosts.
This tutorial will show you how to create or download a Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10.
- Option One: To Download a Hyper-V Manager Shortcut
- Option Two: To Manually Create a Hyper-V Manager Shortcut
EXAMPLE: Hyper-V Manager
OPTION ONETo Download a Hyper-V Manager Shortcut
1. Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .zip file below.
2. Save the .zip file to your desktop.
3. Unblock the .zip file..
4. Open the .zip file, and extract (drag and drop) the shortcut to your desktop.
5. You can Pin to Taskbar, Pin to Start, add to All apps, add to Quick Launch, assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.
6. When finished, you can delete the downloaded .zip file if you like.
OPTION TWOTo Manually Create a Hyper-V Manager Shortcut
1. Right click or press and hold on an empty area on your desktop, and click/tap on New and Shortcut.
2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
3. Type Hyper-V Manager for the name, and click/tap on the Finish button. (see screenshot below)
NOTE: You could name this shortcut anything you would like though.
4. Right click or press and hold on the new Hyper-V Manager shortcut, and click/tap on Properties.
5. Click/tap on the Shortcut tab, then click/tap on the Change Icon button. (see screenshot below)
6. In the line under "Look for icons in this file", copy and paste the location below, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot above)
NOTE: You could use any icon that you would like instead though.
8. Click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below step 5)
9. You can Pin to Taskbar, Pin to Start, add to All apps, add to Quick Launch, assign a keyboard shortcut to, or move this shortcut to where you like for easy use.
- How to Setup and Use Hyper-V in Windows 10 for OS Virtualization
- How to Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 8 and 10
- How to Create a Hyper-V Virtual Machine Connection shortcut in Windows 10