How to Add or Remove Sites for Microsoft Edge Web Notifications in Windows 10
InformationMicrosoft Edge is a new web browser added in Windows 10, and will be available across the Windows 10 device family. It is fast, compatible, and built for the modern Web.
Starting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14342, Microsoft Edge now supports real-time web notifications, which allow participating websites to send notifications to you via Action Center, with your permission.
For more details about Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge, see:
This tutorial will show you how to add or remove sites for Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.
NoteNotifications that originate from sites in an InPrivate window will not be stored in Action Center, and permission settings for those domains will not be saved after each session.
- Option One: To Add a Site to Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge
- Option Two: To Remove a Site from Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge
EXAMPLE: Web Notification
OPTION ONETo Add a Site to Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge
1. When you visit a website like Skype for Web in Microsoft Edge that uses the Web Notification API, click/tap on Yes when prompted by Microsoft Edge for permission to show notifications. (see screenshot below)
OPTION TWOTo Remove a Site from Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge
1. Open the Microsoft Edge app.
2. Click/tap on the More button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)
3. Click/tap on the View advanced settings button under Advanced settings. (see screenshot below)
4. Click/tap on the Manage button under Notifications. (see screenshot below)
5. Move your pointer over the added site that you want to remove, and click/tap on X (remove). (see screenshot below)
6. The site will now be removed from Web Notifications in Microsoft Edge. The screenshot below is what you will see if you remove all added sites.