Windows 10: Change Desktop Background in Windows 10  

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 23,601
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       09 Aug 2015 #30

      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    10 Aug 2015 #31

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello mystvearn,

    Are you able to use OPTION FIVE to change your desktop background?


    It sounds like you may have a group policy like below enabled to prevent it.

    Desktop Background - Allow or Prevent Changing - Windows 7 Help Forums


    Do you have Windows 10 Pro installed? If so, you can also check group policy to see which ones you have enabled that could be preventing this if the above doesn't help.

    Group Policy Editor - Quickly View Enabled Policies in Windows - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Thanks.

    This link seems to work.
    Desktop Background - Allow or Prevent Changing - Windows 7 Help Forums

    I forgot previously I disabled changing the background.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 23,601
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       10 Aug 2015 #32

    You're most welcome. I'm glad to hear you got it sorted.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    11 Aug 2015 #33

    This may be a silly question but is there anyway to set the desktop background to the Bing image of the day as was possible in windows 7. I assume the windows spotlight feature is similar for the lock screen but I always liked the bing image as my desktop wallpaper.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 23,601
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       11 Aug 2015 #34

    Regonaut said: View Post
    This may be a silly question but is there anyway to set the desktop background to the Bing image of the day as was possible in windows 7. I assume the windows spotlight feature is similar for the lock screen but I always liked the bing image as my desktop wallpaper.
    Hello Regonaut, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Sure. You could install the Bing Desktop app to also have the Bing wallpaper as your desktop background in Windows 10 as well.

    Bing Desktop - Set Homepage Image as Desktop Background
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 16,489
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       11 Aug 2015 #35

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Regonaut, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Sure. You could install the Bing Desktop app to also have the Bing wallpaper as your desktop background in Windows 10 as well.

    Bing Desktop - Set Homepage Image as Desktop Background
    Does that work on 10 now Shawn? During the Preview I couldn't download/install it. Of course except for the image of the day, 10 has/does everything else that Bing Desktop does.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 23,601
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       11 Aug 2015 #36

    Hey Cliff,

    It's working fine so far on my laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 16,489
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       11 Aug 2015 #37

    Brink said: View Post
    Hey Cliff,

    It's working fine so far on my laptop with Windows 10 Enterprise.
    Cool thank's for the info. I'll think about installing it when I do my clean install. I really liked how the improved it, to where you had a choice of 4 different backgrounds a day.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    11 Aug 2015 #38

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Regonaut, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Sure. You could install the Bing Desktop app to also have the Bing wallpaper as your desktop background in Windows 10 as well.

    Bing Desktop - Set Homepage Image as Desktop Background
    Many thanks. Got it working. Initially I had trouble installing as it insisted I had a newer version installed but I couldn't locate it. Managed to reinstall using compatibility settings and all now working just great.

    Really impressed by your very quick response so thanks again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 23,601
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       11 Aug 2015 #39

    Great news Regonaut.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Related Threads
How to Change your Lock Screen Background in Windows 10 The lock screen is the screen you see at startup and when you lock the PC. You will need to dismiss the lock screen to be able to see the sign in screen and sign in to Windows. Your lock...
How to Create a 'Desktop Background' Shortcut in Windows 10 Your desktop background (also called wallpaper) can be a picture from your personal collection or included with Windows, a solid color, or a slide show playing selected pictures randomly...
How to Change Start Background on your Windows 10 Mobile Phone This tutorial will show you how to choose a Start background to show as a tile image, full image, or no image on your Windows 10 Mobile phone. EXAMPLE: None, Tile, and Full...
How to Change Background Picture of Mail app in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with a new Mail app. The new Mail app brings improved performance and a familiar three-pane email UI, with a toggle to quickly move between your email and calendar. Mail...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:06.
Find Us