Remove Quick access from Navigation Pane in Windows 10  

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1
    windows 10
       #110

    I just created an account to say THANK YOU so much for this.
    Worked perfectly. Both this post and the "remove favourites" post you did.
    Ive been struggling for so long to get my Quick access back, now it's perfect. :)

    Thank you to Shawn and to all those who particpated in this thread.
      My Computer

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,428
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #111

    Elegen924 said:
    I just created an account to say THANK YOU so much for this.
    Worked perfectly. Both this post and the "remove favourites" post you did.
    Ive been struggling for so long to get my Quick access back, now it's perfect. :)

    Thank you to Shawn and to all those who particpated in this thread.
    You're most welcome Elegen, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    I'm glad they could help.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 16
    Windows 7
       #112

    As far as I can tell the hubmode method no longer works in Win10 2004 - however, that's only on the specific machine I'm using.
      My Computer

  4. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,428
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #113

    metamorphosis said:
    As far as I can tell the hubmode method no longer works in Win10 2004 - however, that's only on the specific machine I'm using.
    Hello metamorphosis,

    I just tested option 1 with the hubmode method on my W10 v2004 system to see if anything may have changed, but it still works for me.

    Does option 2 work for you?
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 16
    Windows 7
       #114

    Brink said:
    Hello metamorphosis,

    I just tested option 1 with the hubmode method on my W10 v2004 system to see if anything may have changed, but it still works for me.

    Does option 2 work for you?
    Haven't checked - it's not implementable in a script I believe, so it's not much use to me-
    as noted may just be the particular machine I'm working on. Will try a few others and see what happens-
      My Computer

  6. KeithM's Avatar
    Posts : 923
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       #115

    HubMode is still working here.
    Remove Quick access from Navigation Pane in Windows 10-winver.png
    Remove Quick access from Navigation Pane in Windows 10-screenshot-838-.png


    (From an Admin PowerShell console/script)
    Code:
    $HKLMExplorer = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer'
    $HKLMExplorer | Get-Item | Set-ItemProperty -Name HubMode -Value 1
    
    ### OR ###
    
    $WindowsCV = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion'
    ( Get-Item $WindowsCV ).OpenSubkey( 'Explorer', $True ).SetValue( 'HubMode' , 1 )
      My Computer

  7. KeithM's Avatar
    Posts : 923
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       #116

    Here's a PowerShell function definiton you can add to the tutorial options if you want. The function, Toggle-HubMode, as you might guess, toggles the HubMode stae each time it's executed. As it modifies values found under HKLM, it must be run from an Admin PowerShell console:

    Code:
    Function Toggle-HubMode {
        $StateText     = @( 'visible' , 'Hidden' )
        $HKLM_Explorer = 'HKLM:\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer'
        Set-ItemProperty $HKLM_Explorer HubMode ( $NewMode = [Int]( ! [Bool]( Get-ItemPropertyValue $HKLM_Explorer HubMode )) )
        'NewMode: {0} (Quick Access is {1} )' -f $NewMode , $StateText[$NewMode] | Write-Host
    }
    Toggle-HubMode
    Remove Quick access from Navigation Pane in Windows 10-screenshot-840-.png
      My Computer



  8. Posts : 1
    Windows 10
       #117

    Yeah, this removes Quick Access from the left pane but adds it to my desktop.

    Unable to remove from desktop. Cannot put in recycling bin either. Please show method that actually works.
      My Computer

  9. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,428
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #118

    YeahThatDoesntW said:
    Yeah, this removes Quick Access from the left pane but adds it to my desktop.

    Unable to remove from desktop. Cannot put in recycling bin either. Please show method that actually works.
    Hello, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Both options in the tutorial still work fine for me, and neither would affect the desktop.
      My Computers

  10. KeithM's Avatar
    Posts : 923
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home
       #119

    YeahThatDoesntW said:
    Yeah, this removes Quick Access from the left pane but adds it to my desktop.

    Unable to remove from desktop. Cannot put in recycling bin either. Please show method that actually works.
    Quick Access doesn't normally appear on the Desktop.

    • Any idea how it got there?
    • Did you make any registry mods?
    • Using any 3rd-party tweaking/customization utilities?
    • When did it appear?


    Have several ideas but would like to know more...
      My Computer


 
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Remove Quick access from Navigation Pane in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:42.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums