How to Reset an App in Windows 10
InformationStarting with Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14328, you can now reset a default Windows app included with Windows 10 from Settings if the app gets into a bad state.
This is useful if an app gets into a bad state and you want to delete its data and start over.
This tutorial will show you how to reset an app that's in a bad state to delete its data and start over for your account in Windows 10.
1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.
NoteStarting with Windows 10 build 15002, you will need to click/tap on the Apps icon in Settings instead.
2. Click/tap on Apps & features on the left side, click/tap on the app (ex: Get Started) you want to reset, and click/tap on the Advanced options link. (see screenshot below)
3. Click/tap on the Reset button under App reset. (see screenshot below)
4. Click/tap on Reset to confirm. (see screenshot below)
5. The app will now be reset. (see screenshot below)
6. When you are finished, you can close Settings if you like.
- How to Use Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter in Windows 10
- How to Reinstall and Re-register All Built-in Windows Apps in Windows 8 and 10
- How to Re-register the Store in Windows 10
- How to Reinstall and Re-register Microsoft Edge in Windows 10
- How to Reset Microsoft Edge to Default in Windows 10
Kind of like "Change" option in Programs & Features.