Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 33
    Windows 10
       #550

    Brink said:
    After some testing on my build 21332 system, it's still working as is in option 10 to uninstall the apps from all users on the computer. I'm not sure why it's not the same for you.

    The command to uninstall the Microsoft People app still works, but it will not remove or disable the People button on the taskbar if that's what you meant.
    It might be because of the different editions or versions (as I said, I use 20H2 aka 19042.*). But it's the same on two different installs for me.
    Regarding the People app: at some point it didn't work (some message about it being a system app...). But after a restart I was able to remove it.
    But I still can't remove the Xbox Game Bar from one of the PCs, with the same command that works elsewhere. Restarted several times and I also tried updating the app first. Strange.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Okay, I think I solved the Xbox Game Bar mystery. There's an error in the guide for this command:
    Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay* | Remove-AppxPackage
    It should be:
    Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay* | Remove-AppxPackage
    (The -allusers version has this right, that's why it worked when I used it on one PC.)
      My Computer

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,129
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #551

    centen said:
    Okay, I think I solved the Xbox Game Bar mystery. There's an error in the guide for this command:
    Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay* | Remove-AppxPackage
    It should be:
    Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay* | Remove-AppxPackage
    (The -allusers version has this right, that's why it worked when I used it on one PC.)
    Now corrected. Thank you.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 2
    Windows10
       #552

    Using Open-Shell for Start Menu Overlay


    PhobosAnomaly said:
    Hello there !

    I just registered to ask a specific question as users here seems actives and quite competent when it comes to decluttering Win10 Start Menu ! Thanks for these tutorials !

    Here's my question, user Edwin in post #1 of this thread mentionned something about shortcuts for the UWP apps, to store the shortcuts and reinstall the apps from these shortcuts.

    It also seems possible to rename these shortcuts the way you want, according to this video if I understand correctly:
    Start Menu 'Cleanup' - YouTube

    I see that this post and video are a few years old, I tried these steps, but it doesn't work for me...

    Is it still relevant today ?
    Clicking the shortcuts after uninstalling the apps doesn't do anything for me.

    Basically, what I want to do, is not to completely remove all UWP apps, I want to keep a few like Maps, Weather and such, but, I'd like to rename them to get a clean and user friendly Start Menu, listed by names.

    I'd prefer to list UWP apps as "WIN10 Maps / WIN10 Weather ..." basically.

    Is it possible today, by any way or trick, without having to use a third party software that completeley changes the way the Start Menu looks ?

    I tried to check many forums to find answers but no luck, the video I linked however is exactly what I'm looking to do...

    Thanks for your help !! Have a nice week-end !
    I am now using Open-Shell which is a new name for a previous product which escapes me currently. It is open source and acts as a system hook which is invoked prior to Microsofts menu program. It allow for your menu to look like Windows XP, Windows 7 or some other custom flavor.

    I hate when MS ignores all of the CUA research and standards because they want all of their software to look like a phone!

    I am currently having problems using their new People app since I do not use MS accounts to login and want to use data from my ISP. What a concept, aye? All I get is 0x80004005! I like this group. This is my first post so I will create a second for this interface problem since my ISP could not solve it.
    Last edited by nkern; 19 Mar 2021 at 00:02. Reason: spelling
      My Computer

  4. hdmi's Avatar
    Posts : 561
    10 Home (21H1)
       #553

    Brink said:
    Now corrected. Thank you.
    There's still 6 of them that you haven't corrected yet.
      My Computers

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,129
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #554

    hdmi said:
    There's still 6 of them that you haven't corrected yet.


    I got the ones listed as "Xbox Game Bar", but forgot the ones listed as "Game Bar". Now corrected.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 24
    W10
       #555

    Does anyone know how I uninstall the apps from w10 21h1?, since it seems to be protected and they are not uninstalled via powershell, as in version 1909, which i copied the code from page one and were uninstalled
      My Computer

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,129
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #556

    ppdemo said:
    Does anyone know how I uninstall the apps from w10 21h1?, since it seems to be protected and they are not uninstalled via powershell, as in version 1909, which i copied the code from page one and were uninstalled
    Hello,

    Which specific apps are you trying to uninstall? Some built-in apps are required by the OS, and may not be allowed to be uninstalled to avoid breaking something.

    Are you able to use one of the other options to uninstall them?
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 24
    W10
       #557

    Brink said:
    Hello,

    Which specific apps are you trying to uninstall? Some built-in apps are required by the OS, and may not be allowed to be uninstalled to avoid breaking something.

    Are you able to use one of the other options to uninstall them?
    Those of page one posted in this thread (option ten) except for some. I always uninstalled them using powershell and now it doesn't stop. Some uninstall them manually using your option.

    These are the ones I would be missing:

    Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.WindowsAlarms* | Remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | Remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.Messaging* | Remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.WindowsMaps* | Remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.GetHelp* | Remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.YourPhone* | Remove-AppxPackage -allusers
      My Computer

  9. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 59,129
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #558

    ppdemo said:
    Those of page one posted in this thread (option ten) except for some. I always uninstalled them using powershell and now it doesn't stop. Some uninstall them manually using your option.

    These are the ones I would be missing:

    Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.WindowsAlarms* | Remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.WindowsCamera* | Remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.Messaging* | Remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.WindowsMaps* | Remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.GetHelp* | Remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.YourPhone* | Remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    Just to verify, did you run the commands in an elevated PowerShell?

    If so, what is the exact error message you are getting?
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 24
    W10
       #559

    Brink said:
    Just to verify, did you run the commands in an elevated PowerShell?

    If so, what is the exact error message you are getting?
    1 yes
    2 see image
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10-captura-de-pantalla-10-.png
      My Computer


 
Page 56 of 59 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:55.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums