Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast

  1. Posts : 1
    Windows 10, 2004
       #500

    If you want to remove Cortana (the dedicated app in the MS Store), run this: Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.549981C3F5F10* | Remove-AppxPackage
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 197
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1909
       #501

    Hmm, i tried like 20 commands for appx-package removal and nothing worked. Previously i used just command to delete all packages, but i don't want to do that. It may mess something, i don't even at this point. However deleting specific appx-packages always worked. But now i can't delete even apps like Alarms, Maps, Camera and what not... Even on admin account i have some apps i didn't have and i was on 1909. On standard account, i have hell of a lot more of apps. This plagues me... Any idea how to remove as many as possible without breaking anything ? And i want to keep calculator and photo viewer too.

    I have fresh install and i have already some bug, that visual effect setting didn't save, or sound setting. I had to write to search adjust appearance and performance of Windows for it to save, maybe apps won't delete for same reason. Because, on my admin account they deleted!!!
      My Computer

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 49,780
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 20161
    Thread Starter
       #502

    empleat said:
    Hmm, i tried like 20 commands for appx-package removal and nothing worked. Previously i used just command to delete all packages, but i don't want to do that. It may mess something, i don't even at this point. However deleting specific appx-packages always worked. But now i can't delete even apps like Alarms, Maps, Camera and what not... Even on admin account i have some apps i didn't have and i was on 1909. On standard account, i have hell of a lot more of apps. This plagues me... Any idea how to remove as many as possible without breaking anything ? And i want to keep calculator and photo viewer too.

    I have fresh install and i have already some bug, that visual effect setting didn't save, or sound setting. I had to write to search adjust appearance and performance of Windows for it to save, maybe apps won't delete for same reason. Because, on my admin account they deleted!!!
    Hello mate,

    Which commands are you using from the tutorial for these apps?

    In addition, which Window 10 build number do you currently have installed?

    I'll test them on my system to see if anything may have changed.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 197
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1909
       #503

    I don't know, i tried pretty much every way there is to remove appx-packages. Nothing invasive. E.g:
    Code:
    Remove-AppxPackage -Package "package1_1.0.0.0_neutral__8wekyb3d8bbwe"
    Gives this error: "Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073D19, An error occurred because a user was logged off."

    Than i tried:
    Code:
    Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Or using package full name and specify user, nothing worked.

    I use 1909

    Thanks that would be great!
      My Computer

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 49,780
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 20161
    Thread Starter
       #504

    @empleat,

    I don't see those commands listed in the tutorial.

    As a test, try the commands for the apps you want to remove in:

    (For all users - option 6)
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

    (For only current user - option 4)
    Uninstall Apps in Windows 10

    Post a screenshot showing any error messages given in PowerShell to help see what the issue may be.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 197
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1909
       #505

    I literally post same thing:
    Code:
    Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage
    For example:
    Code:
    Get-AppxPackage *Arlarm* | Remove-AppxPackage
    This runs successfully without error code, but application is still present...

    This method i didn't try: To Remove All Apps except Store from Your (current) Account, it would be safe right ? Store shouldnt be removed anymore right ?
      My Computer

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 49,780
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 20161
    Thread Starter
       #506

    empleat said:
    This method i didn't try: To Remove All Apps except Store from Your (current) Account, it would be safe right ? Store shouldnt be removed anymore right ?
    That command would remove all store apps other than the Microsoft Store app itself.

    You may consider using the all users option instead if you don't mind the apps being removed for all users.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 197
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1909
       #507

    Brink said:
    That command would remove all store apps other than the Microsoft Store app itself.

    You may consider using the all users option instead if you don't mind the apps being removed for all users.
    Damn it. I run this command: 5. To Remove All Apps except Store from All Current Accounts on PC:
    Code:
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | where-object {$_.name –notlike '*store*'} | Remove-AppxPackage
    On admin, it seems everything was removed, while i have still all these apps on my standard account. I run that on admin account. I tried that on standard account too and they weren't removed.
      My Computer

  9. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 49,780
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 20161
    Thread Starter
       #508

    @empleat,

    Does running the remove all apps except Store for current user only command while signed in to the standard account remove them for it?
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 197
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 1909
       #509

    Brink said:
    @empleat,

    Does running the remove all apps except Store for current user only command while signed in to the standard account remove them for it?
    Nope that doesn't work either! My visual settings wouldn't apply, or sound settings, i think it is something with standard account. No idea what though.
      My Computer


 

Tutorial Categories

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums