Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

  1. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1,385
    Win10 1607
       2016-08-15 #60

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello kbird,

    That's correct. The .reg files in this tutorial are unrelated to Libraries.

    What you described is what should be seen when using the remove drives .reg file.

    Great , I just thought unko might be a bit confused as to what this .reg should and shouldn't do for them.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,390
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       2016-08-15 #61

    Hopefully, we'll be able to help unko get it sorted.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    KS City
    Posts : 157
    Win 10 Pro v1607 14393.693
       2016-09-03 #62

    Drive letters keep returning to Navigation pane


    Hi Brink, this is a great tweak I really like it.
    Is it maybe all the recent updates lately that keep adding the two folders back to the registry? I cannot think of anything I might have done to restore the original settings.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,390
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       2016-09-03 #63

    Hemimax said: View Post
    Hi Brink, this is a great tweak I really like it.
    Is it maybe all the recent updates lately that keep adding the two folders back to the registry? I cannot think of anything I might have done to restore the original settings.
    Hello Hemimax,

    That's correct. New builds will often reset some items back to default.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 1,385
    Win10 1607
       2016-09-03 #64

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Hemimax,

    That's correct. New builds will often reset some items back to default.
    Yes I found the same thing Hemimax , I have now merged 5 or 6 .reg files of Brink's into one .reg file and just run it after each major windows update to turn them all back on at once. ( A tip I saw here on Ten somewhere)

    Pity we can't stop the "Customer Experience" Stuff coming back each Update too.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Aug 2015
    KS City
    Posts : 157
    Win 10 Pro v1607 14393.693
       2016-09-03 #65

    Kbird said: View Post
    Yes I found the same thing Hemimax , I have now merged 5 or 6 .reg files of Brink's into one .reg file and just run it after each major windows update to turn them all back on at once. ( A tip I saw here on Ten somewhere)

    Pity we can't stop the "Customer Experience" Stuff coming back each Update too.
    Well OK then, thank you both for confirming that, I really appreciate it, and that multiple registry merge sounds good.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2015
    Posts : 42
    Windows 7,10
       4 Weeks Ago #66

    thanks

    this tweak is very good..
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,390
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       4 Weeks Ago #67

    I'm glad it could help madmax2.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2016
    Posts : 9
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       2 Weeks Ago #68

    Does this remove double drives also from any file save windows used by apps/prog?

    Many times many tweaks to File Explorer show up only in File Explorer, but when apps use Window's file save window then stuff might be back...
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,390
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       2 Weeks Ago #69

    ArmaRayo said: View Post
    Does this remove double drives also from any file save windows used by apps/prog?

    Many times many tweaks to File Explorer show up only in File Explorer, but when apps use Window's file save window then stuff might be back...
    Hello Arma,

    It should, but sometimes it's a hit and miss with 3rd party software.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
OneDrive - Add or Remove from Navigation Pane in Windows 10
How to Add or Remove OneDrive in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can easily save your files to OneDrive and get to them from any device, like your PC, tablet, or phone. OneDrive is free online storage at...
Tutorials
Recycle Bin in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10
How to Add or Remove Recycle Bin in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 The Recycle Bin provides a safety net when deleting files or folders. When you delete any of these items from your hard disk, Windows places it in the Recycle Bin...
Tutorials
Network in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10
How to Add or Remove Network in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to add or remove Network in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10. You must be signed in as an...
Tutorials
This PC in Navigation Pane - Add or Remove in Windows 10
How to Add or Remove This PC in Navigation Pane of File Explorer in Windows 10 This tutorial will show you how to add or remove This PC in the navigation pane of File Explorer for all users in Windows 10. You must be signed in as an...
Tutorials
Missing Drives in Navigation Pane?
Hello, just got Windows 10 Technical Preview and was a little confused by this... For some reason three of my hard drives are visible in the navigation pane as root items down the left, but the other four are not... What makes those three so...
Customization
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:01.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums