Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    07 Dec 2015 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 23,772
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter

    Kensiko,

    If you like, you could see if you could set the maximum usage size to 320MB (lowest allowed) using the command below in an elevated command prompt from OPTION TWO below instead.

    System Protection - Change Disk Space Usage - Windows 7 Help Forums

    vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage /For=C: /On=C: /Maxsize=320MB
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    07 Dec 2015 #11
    Join Date : Nov 2015
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10

    I have an SSD disk with windows 10. and i would like to store the system protection data in another HDD drive.
    I have tryied the following, without success:

    vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage /For=C: /On=D: /Maxsize=1024MB

    Do you know wod to do this??

    Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    07 Dec 2015 #12
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 23,772
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by perkas View Post
    I have an SSD disk with windows 10. and i would like to store the system protection data in another HDD drive.
    I have tryied the following, without success:

    vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage /For=C: /On=D: /Maxsize=1024MB

    Do you know wod to do this??

    Thanks!
    Hello perkas, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    It should be the command below instead, but it doesn't appear to be supported in Windows 10.

    Vssadmin add shadowstorage

    vssadmin add ShadowStorage /For=C: /On=D: /Maxsize=1024MB
    Last edited by Brink; 08 Dec 2015 at 11:22.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    08 Dec 2015 #13
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 82
    Windows 10 x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Kensiko,

    If you like, you could see if you could set the maximum usage size to 320MB (lowest allowed) using the command below in an elevated command prompt from OPTION TWO below instead.

    System Protection - Change Disk Space Usage - Windows 7 Help Forums

    vssadmin Resize ShadowStorage /For=C: /On=C: /Maxsize=320MB
    Thanks! It worked!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    08 Dec 2015 #14
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 23,772
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter

    You're most welcome Kensiko.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    15 Feb 2016 #15

    Hey brink,

    I have done 3 windows 10 installs (even different install media) and so far every single one of them had system protection disabled by default.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    15 Feb 2016 #16
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 23,772
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter

    Hello Andrew,

    Yep, system protection is turned off by default now in Windows 10.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    16 Feb 2016 #17

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Hello Andrew,

    Yep, system protection is turned off by default now in Windows 10.
    That is incredibly stupid for microsoft to do. I hope they change that.

    btw, you might want to update your note in the tut
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    16 Feb 2016 #18
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 23,772
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter

      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    07 Apr 2016 #19
    Join Date : Jan 2016
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Professional

    vssadmin add ShadowStorage DISABLED IN WINDOWS 10???


    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Hello perkas, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    It should be the command below instead, but it doesn't appear to be supported in Windows 10.

    Vssadmin add shadowstorage

    vssadmin add ShadowStorage /For=C: /On=D: /Maxsize=1024MB
    I KNOW, I tried for a while until I finally figured it out! My backup software is running into problems with the shadow storage areas located on the same drive as the one being imaged, something about too much activity, too quickly. it was recommended that I move the current or create another associated shadow storage location to a hard drive separate from the system drive. I'm running Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit; Xeon Quad Core; 32 GB RAM; plenty of free space; test of restore point creation succeeded. This seemed to be a valid suggestion, supported by volsnap errors in event viewer.

    Are there any workarounds you know of to do this in Windows 10?

    Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Security System Turn On or Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection in Windows 10
How to Turn On or Off Windows Defender Real-time Protection in Windows 10 Windows Defender helps protect your PC against malware (malicious software) like viruses, spyware, and other potentially unwanted software. Malware can infect your PC...
Tutorials
Customization Turn On or Off System Icons on Taskbar in Windows 10
How to Turn Taskbar Notification Area System Icons On or Off in Windows 10 System icons, including Clock, Volume, Network, Power, Input Indicator, and Action Center are located on the taskbar system tray (aka: notification area) by default. When...
Tutorials
Hardware & Drivers Enable or Disable Disk Write Protection in Windows
How to Enable or Disable Write Protection for a Disk Drive in Windows Write protection (read-only) on a disk prevents the contents on the disk from being changed. There are many reasons for how a disk is write protected. This tutorial will...
Tutorials
Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the...
Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the Modern World Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for the Modern World A Guy
Windows 10 News
Windows 10: Security and Identity Protection for Today
Source...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums