How to Check for Updates in Office 2016 for Windows
If you have Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows
checked in your Windows Update settings, then Windows Update will automatically install your Office 2016 updates when available.
You can also manually check for Office 2016 updates at any time unless automatic Office updates
are disabled. It's recommend that you use automatic updating—but if you choose not to, be sure to check for updates at least once a week.
This tutorial will show you how to manually check for and install updates for Office 2016
on your Windows
1. In an Office 2016 program (ex: Outlook 2016), click/tap on File. (see screenshot below)
2. Click/tap on Account or Office Account. (see screenshots below)
3. Click/tap on Update Options, and click/tap on Update Now. (see screenshot below)
4. Office will now check for updates. (see screenshot below)
5. Do step 6 (no) or step 7 (yes) depending on if an update is available for Office.
6. If No Updates are Available for Office 2016
A) If You're up to date
, then click/tap on Close
. You are done. (see screenshot below)
7. If Updates are Available for Office 2016
A) If an Office update is available, then they will start downloading now. (see screenshot below)
B) When ready to install the Office Update, click/tap on Continue
. (see screenshot below)
Be sure to save your work in any opened Office 2016 program first since it will automatically be closed.
C) The update will now be applied. (see screenshot below)