Windows 10: Reset Windows 10
If you want those gone and have them recreated for Windows 10, that would require doing a clean install instead.
OK, maybe that's for next weekend.
You're most welcome Richie.
my windows is resetting right now option two the clean one, i started it about an hour ago
and it is now stucked on 99%
is it usual to take that long? how much longer is it gonna be?
can i interrupt it or i should just wait for it to be finished?
As long as you have hard drive activity, it would be best to let it sit until finished.
Usually one of three things below will happen by turning off and on. This is why it's best to let it sit if there is still any hard drive activity.
1) It'll pick up where it left off after restarting.
2) The reset will be cancelled, and it'll revert back to previous installation.
3) The Windows installation will be corrupted, and will require a clean install.
thank you i'll wait till morning
if nothing happens can i install a clean boot windows 10 ?
no harm will come to my pc? cause i dont have any files on it like i said its new
I hate to tag along with the rest and beat a dead horse but I'm about to perform a Reset on my Windows 10 Pro (upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate).
Here's my machine:
1x 120 GB SSD Hard Drive (Currently my System Drive, C:)
3x 1TB Hard Drives (D:, E:, F:)
I'm currently using Drive E: to act as my Documents/Photos and some apps drive, Drive D: is all apps/applications/games, and Drive F: as utility. I'm hoping to move the My Documents folder to drive F: and then perform a reset.
A few questions:
1) Since my Windows 10 is already activated, can I perform a clean install from a disc instead of a simple reset? (I'm seeing conflicting answers regarding this. Some say yes, some say no.)
2) If I perform the reset, will all the files on all the drives be erased including the ones I moved to Drive F?
3) Will Windows 10 still try to use my old Windows 7 directory names after the reset? (I noticed that I had a D:\Paul directory made and many times when I tried to save it would go there instead of D:\Users\Paul from my Windows 7 installation)
4) Will this finally resolve the insane problem of Cortana not working? (I managed to get it to work one time, then made a new profile, and never got it again...This even following the "guide" of deleting the appropriate registry key too :/)
I appreciate any and all advice?
How to Reset Start Menu Layout to Default in Windows 10
The layout of your Start menu includes how you resized the Start menu or full screen Start, pinned items, how the tiles of pinned items are sized, arranged into groups, and the group names....
How to Reset the PIN for your Account in Windows 10
You can create a PIN (Personal Identification Number) to use in place of passwords. Having a PIN makes it easier to sign in to Windows, apps, and services.
When you sign-in to Windows 10 with...
So I'm on the latest Windows 10 build (RTM) 10240 and today I wanted to reset my PC since I was getting some pretty poor gaming performance. Anyway I ran the reset and after it finished resetting, it got constant BSODs of inaccessible_boot_device....
Back in March 16, the Windows team of MSFT revealed that Windows 10 won't use a separate "Recovery" image for "Refresh" and 'Reset" feature. Later MSDN page on "Reset" is updated with some more info about this new change.
Hi, I had found this on a different site and saved it as "fix update.bat" and I run it when I have problems. It seems to help without breaking anything so I thought I'd post it. I'm not entirely sure what it does though