Windows 10: Fix Click here to enter your most recent credential in Windows 10  

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

  1. Posts : 20,872
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       26 Mar 2016 #30

    Siegfriedm said: View Post
    Thanks for your suggestion, mate, but I installed Windows 10 less than 1 month ago, and I have to repair/refresh it? LoL.
    Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8/8.1 do not always go well. A clean install usually gives the best results, but thought that a repair install may help to avoid that.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    26 Mar 2016 #31

    Brink said: View Post
    Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 or 8/8.1 do not always go well. A clean install usually gives the best results, but thought that a repair install may help to avoid that.
    I made a clean install, because I bought a new SSD. Maybe I'm just unlucky.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 20,872
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       26 Mar 2016 #32

    Did you make any changes to the computer name, or to your account's email address or password before this happened?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    26 Mar 2016 #33

    Brink said: View Post
    Did you make any changes to the computer name, or to your account's email address or password before this happened?
    If my memory helps me, all started when Microsoft Customer Camer asked me to make a Log Out and Log In to resolve some problems with Xbox Controller Drivers.
    Never happened before that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 20,872
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       26 Mar 2016 #34

    That shouldn't have affected this unless they or they had you make changes to anything that would affect your credentials.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    26 Mar 2016 #35

    Brink said: View Post
    That shouldn't have affected this unless they or they had you make changes to anything that would affect your credentials.
    I changed nothing :/
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 20,872
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16199
    Thread Starter
       26 Mar 2016 #36

    I'm afraid that I'm not sure what else to suggest other than a clean install to start fresh for the best results.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    26 Mar 2016 #37

    Click here to enter your most recent credential - Fix in Windows 10


    Hey Siegfriedm, the only way I've been able to 'resolve' this issue is by creating a local admin account, not connected to MS account. Then, when I want to install an app from that account, I go to the store and log into that MS account. I perform the install. Then I make sure the store is disconnected from that MS account again.

    **Make sure the stores disconnect from any MS account when not using the store. I have found using this method that I can also install apps from different MS accounts...Interesting Fix Click here to enter your most recent credential in Windows 10

    I never have been asked for my Windows Credentials again...Ahhhh...Its a beautiful sight to behold Fix Click here to enter your most recent credential in Windows 10
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       24 Apr 2016 #38

    Brink said: View Post
    I'm afraid that I'm not sure what else to suggest other than a clean install to start fresh for the best results.
    Hi, came here via searching for the same thing (Great help site BTW), and after reading through this thread there is 1 possible that I don't think has been considered, not because I understand this stuff per say, but from looking for possible causes myself, or more accurately trying to remember what happens just before it happens, but with the memory span of a goldfish is not as easy as it should be lol, but I have a strong feeling that having more than 1 email address, signing into those (even if it's just other m$ ones) if that could be a factor maybe ?

    I have multiple emails for use with specific things, with the furthest one used as disposable, for use in high(er) risk area's (eg newsletters or 1 off uses) and the like, and as best as my memory can handle I feel like I am seeing a pattern in this, it's not instant, but I am suspecting this may be happening at some point after signing into my disposable account, as I check that one online, the rest is done via MailWasher on my PC, just thought it worth a mention incase it helps you to see if it could be a factor or not, hope it helps.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 8,216
    Windows 10 Enterprise and Pro/Windows 7 Enterprise/Linux Mint
       24 Apr 2016 #39

    Alan22 said: View Post
    Hi, came here via searching for the same thing (Great help site BTW), and after reading through this thread there is 1 possible that I don't think has been considered, not because I understand this stuff per say, but from looking for possible causes myself, or more accurately trying to remember what happens just before it happens, but with the memory span of a goldfish is not as easy as it should be lol, but I have a strong feeling that having more than 1 email address, signing into those (even if it's just other m$ ones) if that could be a factor maybe ?

    I have multiple emails for use with specific things, with the furthest one used as disposable, for use in high(er) risk area's (eg newsletters or 1 off uses) and the like, and as best as my memory can handle I feel like I am seeing a pattern in this, it's not instant, but I am suspecting this may be happening at some point after signing into my disposable account, as I check that one online, the rest is done via MailWasher on my PC, just thought it worth a mention incase it helps you to see if it could be a factor or not, hope it helps.
    Hello Alan and welcome to the forums. I really wouldn't think email addresses have much to do with it. I have several and no problems. That is unless one of the email addresses downloaded something it shouldn't have.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Related Threads
I used to be able to right-click on the "Recent" icon on the start menu and see an option to clear the recent files list. Now it's gone. The "Recent" icon is still there and still functions properly and lists recently opened files, but the "Clear"...
What is windows 10 looking for when it asks this? I click on the notification and it doesn't bring me to a password box. Is this some sort of bug? It happens to me on multiple computers.
it saids is ethernet unidentified network? no internet access sharing option is off. i try restarting the pc:( it use to work fine until the update bridging network cable
Pass credential phase of logon takes ~10 sec in User Accounts and Family Safety
I'm running CB Enterprise Win10 x64, bound to a domain which uses active directory authentication. When I type in my pass and hit enter, nothing happens for about 10 seconds, then it takes me in. The cursor even stays blinking as if I didn't hit...
Click here to enter your most recent credential in User Accounts and Family Safety
I'm getting "Click here to enter your most recent credential. Microsoft needs you to sign in again." I click, but nothing happens except that my desktop comes up. Anyone else seeing this?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25.
Find Us