How to Uninstall Product Key to Deactivate Windows 10
InformationActivation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasnít been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow.
Uninstalling a retail product key on a PC can be useful if you wanted to sell or give the PC away with Windows 10 still installed by not activated, or if you just wanted to use the product key to activate Windows 10 on another PC.
This tutorial will show you how to uninstall the product key on a PC to deactivate Windows 10.
You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to uninstall the product key.
NoteUninstalling the product key on a Windows 10 PC will not remove the key for that PC from Microsoft activation servers.
If you try to activate Windows 10 on another PC with this same retail product key, you may have to activate by phone if online activation fails.
EXAMPLE: Windows 10 not activated after uninstalling product key
1. Open an elevated command prompt.
2. Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter to uninstall the product key. (see screenshot below)
3. Click/tap on OK when the product key has successfully been uninstalled. (see screenshot below)
4. Copy and paste the command below into the elevated command prompt, and press Enter. (see screenshot below)
NoteThis will clear the previously installed product key from the registry so that it can no longer be viewed by product key finder programs like ShowKeyPlus.
This will not remove an OEM product key embedded in the UEFI firmware chip.
5. Click/tap on OK when the product key has successfully been cleared from the registry. (see screenshot below)
i planning change of my ssd.
I have a windows 10 pro x64 Retail License.
Should i uninstall my License before installing new SSD and a Clean installation of Win 10?