Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 33,724
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18282
    Thread Starter
       27 Aug 2016 #20

    Glad we could help. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. sn00ker's Avatar
    Posts : 499
    10 pro 64 clean install
       21 Dec 2017 #21

    Do you know how to remove embedded product key in the bios ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 33,724
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18282
    Thread Starter
       21 Dec 2017 #22

    I'm not aware of a way to do that, but you are able to change the product key in Windows 10 if needed.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4. sn00ker's Avatar
    Posts : 499
    10 pro 64 clean install
       21 Dec 2017 #23

    Brink said: View Post
    I'm not aware of a way to do that, but you are able to change the product key in Windows 10 if needed.
    Thanks any ways. I'm hoping to find how so in the bios ...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    05 Jan 2018 #24

    Need help
    I clean install my windows 10 build 16299.125 and cannot active after using key and restore the spp/store folder
    before I always succeed restore activation
    I previously backed up my token store
    there are three activations namely windows.office.visio.project
    and it always works when I restore when doing a clean install
    but somehow after i did clean install to 16299.125 my windows can not active.
    only office.visio.project
    I do not change hardware. and I am confused why only windows that just can not be active. while office.visio.project can be active
    I have also done a backup on microsoft toolkit.opa backup and other software restore activation
    but windows can't be active. and it seems my serial windows no longer valid. how to overcome this?

    now i'm trying to install old version windows 10 build 16299.64 and 16299.15
    whether windows updates can affect my windows activation
    Multi-Quote This Message
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    05 Jan 2018 #25

    Adityar said: View Post
    Need help
    I clean install my windows 10 build 16299.125 and cannot active after using key and restore the spp/store folder
    before I always succeed restore activation
    I previously backed up my token store
    there are three activations namely windows.office.visio.project
    and it always works when I restore when doing a clean install
    but somehow after i did clean install to 16299.125 my windows can not active.
    only office.visio.project
    I do not change hardware. and I am confused why only windows that just can not be active. while office.visio.project can be active
    I have also done a backup on microsoft toolkit.opa backup and other software restore activation
    but windows can't be active. and it seems my serial windows no longer valid. how to overcome this?

    now i'm trying to install old version windows 10 build 16299.64 and 16299.15
    whether windows updates can affect my windows activation
    Multi-Quote This Message
    Digital licences do not use the tokens.dat in SPP, it uses the one in ClipSVC.

    Post the error in the activation thread.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    05 Jan 2018 #26

    sn00ker said: View Post
    Thanks any ways. I'm hoping to find how so in the bios ...
    That area of the Bios is read-only and cannot be changed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    27 Feb 2018 #27

    Hi Brink


    Thanks for this and all the other tutorials - great job!.

    I have just purchased a fairly new oem Win 10 laptop from an organisation and I think they have Reset the device (clean installed it) but the activation says 'Windows is activated by using your organisations Activation Service'.

    I want to de-activate the laptop and re-activate it using the original onboard oem activation key and to clean install it for good measure.

    Is this tutorial what I need to follow to de-activate the system and then when I do the Reset/Clean Install, it will pick up the correct oem activation key and activate the system.

    I want to do this so I can personalise it and register the change of ownership with the manufacturer - especially as it has a transferable warranty.

    Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 33,724
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18282
    Thread Starter
       27 Feb 2018 #28

    Hello Ashley, :)

    I would recommend to first use "ShowKeyPlus" to verify your OEM product key, and if it's for the same edition that you currently have installed.

    Find Product Key in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

    If it checks out, you could just change your product key instead. No need to deactivate the other one.

    Change Product Key in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    27 Feb 2018 #29

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello Ashley, :)

    I would recommend to first use "ShowKeyPlus" to verify your OEM product key, and if it's for the same edition that you currently have installed.

    Find Product Key in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

    If it checks out, you could just change your product key instead. No need to deactivate the other one.

    Change Product Key in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    Thanks Brink.
    ShowKeyPlus shows a difference in the 'Installed Key' and the 'OEM Key'
    The 'OEM Edition' is 'Win 10 RTM Professional OEM: DM' which is what I expect and is the OS version installed.

    So, I can just go ahead and change the Product Key the system is currently activated with, to the 'OEM Key' by using that second link you gave me?

    Once that's done, will it use that corrected product key to reactivate itself when I do any future clean installs?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


Related Threads
Solved Touchpad doesn't deactivate in Drivers and Hardware
Hey, I installed the new Win 10 home and now I'm unable to deactivate the touchpad. I tried to fix it in system controls and of course by "alt+F9" but nothing works... or elseway, it still works. Can anybody help? Thanks :)
How to uninstall windows 10? in Installation and Upgrade
I am unbelievably dissatisfied with Windows 10. It has caused my PC nothing but problems since I upgraded. Soon as I get one problem fixed another one arises, and in some instances, the same problem arises again. Mind you I had not a SINGLE one of...
how do i uninstall windows 10 in Installation and Upgrade
i have a lot of aps that dont work need to get windows 8 back
Here's the situation. I have a 17" laptop with two Win 7 drives set up with dual boot. One is a 128gb SSD with all my work software. (AutoCad, Rhino, etc) The other is a new 256 SSD with only the Win7 OS installed. Both use the same laptop...
Uninstall Windows 10 in Installation and Upgrade
How do I uninstall Windows 1o and re-install windows 7 from Disk?
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:17.
Find Us