Mount or Unmount ISO and IMG file in Windows 10  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,295
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #20

    @Matthew Wai,

    Done.
      My Computers

  2. Matthew Wai's Avatar
    Posts : 5,043
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #21

    @Brink,
    OPTION FIVE applies to Command Prompt, but you omitted to add PowerShell at the beginning of the following command:

    For example: Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath "C:\User\Russell\Desktop\9879.ENTERPRISE_X64.ISO"


    And the image path shown in my example screenshots is "G:\Win10_1903_V1_English_x64.iso"
      My Computer

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,295
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #22

    Matthew Wai said:
    @Brink,
    OPTION FIVE applies to Command Prompt, but you omitted to add PowerShell at the beginning of the following command:

    For example: Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath "C:\User\Russell\Desktop\9879.ENTERPRISE_X64.ISO"


    And the image path shown in my example screenshots is "G:\Win10_1903_V1_English_x64.iso"
    Oops. Fixed.
      My Computers

  4. Matthew Wai's Avatar
    Posts : 5,043
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #23

    I just found the following command, which works on both PowerShell and Command Prompt.

    Explorer "D:\A folder\An image.iso"

    It works the same as option 2.
      My Computer

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,295
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #24

    Matthew Wai said:
    I just found the following command, which works on both PowerShell and Command Prompt.

    Explorer "D:\A folder\An image.iso"

    It works the same as option 2.
    Thank you Matthew.

    Yep, any method that opens/runs the ISO should mount it.
      My Computers

  6. Matthew Wai's Avatar
    Posts : 5,043
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #25

    Mount or Unmount ISO and IMG file in Windows 10-couldnt-mount-file.jpg

    My ISO file could not be mounted as shown above.
    I copied it from drive D: to drive C:. Then it can be mounted on drive C:.
      My Computer

  7. Matthew Wai's Avatar
    Posts : 5,043
    Windows 10 Home 20H2
       #26

    @Brink, I found a problem with OPTION FIVE.

    PowerShell Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath "Full path of ISO or IMG file"

    If the file name contains brackets, e.g. WinPE (Chinese).iso, errors will arise.
    The solution is using three quotation marks as shown below instead of only one.

    PowerShell Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath """D:\WinPE (Chinese).iso"""
      My Computer

  8. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,295
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21359
    Thread Starter
       #27

    Matthew Wai said:
    @Brink, I found a problem with OPTION FIVE.

    PowerShell Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath "Full path of ISO or IMG file"

    If the file name contains brackets, e.g. WinPE (Chinese).iso, errors will arise.
    The solution is using three quotation marks as shown below instead of only one.

    PowerShell Mount-DiskImage -ImagePath """D:\WinPE (Chinese).iso"""
    Good catch Matthew. Option 5 updated. Thank you.
      My Computers

  9. Steve C's Avatar
    Posts : 6,286
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       #28

    Using Option 5, is there a way of specifying the drive letter to be used for the mounted ISO image?
      My Computers

  10. Berton's Avatar
    Posts : 10,511
    Win10 Pro Versions 2004 and 2009/20H2, Win10 Pro IP_Dev, Win10 Home 1909
       #29

    Steve C said:
    Using Option 5, is there a way of specifying the drive letter to be used for the mounted ISO image?
    Didn't read all of this but do know I can Mount an .iso in File Explorer but don't get a choice about the drive letter so I then go to Disk Management to change that drive letter to a different unused letter.
      My Computers


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Mount or Unmount ISO and IMG file in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:54.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums