Change or Remove Compression Blue Arrows on Icons in Windows 10  

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

  1. Posts : 48
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #60

    I have tried using the ones from all of Windows' known icon dlls, but even though they look transparent, they have a border around them.

    Something like this:
    Change or Remove Compression Blue Arrows on Icons in Windows 10-untitled.png
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 272
    win10
       #61

    why did this blue arrow appear when I did not do any compression task on the specific files/folders
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 61,517
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #62

    Tsw88 said:
    why did this blue arrow appear when I did not do any compression task on the specific files/folders

    Do you use any 3rd party software that may have compressed it instead?

    Are you able to manually uncompress it to remove the blue arrows?

    Compress or Uncompress Files and Folders in Windows 10 | Tutorials
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 2
    10
       #63

    I found a partial solution for 1607+ I created a new transparent icon that matched the icon 226 inside the imageres.dll, I tried to replace it but cannot find a software that will replace it. The only problem I've found is tiny icons show up as black rather than transparent, seems to work great on my desktop which is the only place that it really bugged me.

    You will need to change the file name to transparent rather than what this weird hosting did but you can download it here: http://www.iconj.com/ico/f/b/fb3xl6hpig.ico
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 61,517
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #64

    Tutorial has been updated to now work again.

    The .ico file used needs to be 24x24 pixel in size now.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 2
    10
       #65

    Brink said:
    Tutorial has been updated to now work again.

    The .ico file used needs to be 24x24 pixel in size now.
    Awesome! That fixed my black icons on the tiny icon view as well.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 61,517
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #66

      My Computers


  8. Posts : 3
    windows 10
       #67

    dont work anymore just end up with this its so damn annoying Screenshot by Lightshot
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 61,517
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #68

    Sythed said:
    dont work anymore just end up with this its so damn annoying Screenshot by Lightshot
    Hello Sythed, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Did you use the transparent.ico file provided by the tutorial, and unblocked it?

    If you don't want the files compress, then uncompressing them below will be the easiest way to remove the blue arrows.

    Compress or Uncompress Files and Folders in Windows 10
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 3
    windows 10
       #69

    Brink said:
    Hello Sythed, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    Did you use the transparent.ico file provided by the tutorial, and unblocked it?

    If you don't want the files compress, then uncompressing them below will be the easiest way to remove the blue arrows.

    Compress or Uncompress Files and Folders in Windows 10
    yeah i did i unblocked it and everything this new windows update i downloaded messed everything up i followed everything
      My Computer


 

Tutorial Categories

Change or Remove Compression Blue Arrows on Icons in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums