Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

  1. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       #250

    Brink said:
    Hello,

    Double check the items in the note box under step 4A in option 1 to see if one may be the reason why the check box is not there.

    The only account to ever exist is my local account. The OS was installed without a network connection to force the creation of a local account. I would guess MS eliminated auto sign in on local accounts on clean installs of 21H2 to force people to use a MS account?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 2,781
    Windows 7 Pro
       #251

    Hi,

    This works for me on 21H2, You need to disable Pin and Hello. It works only with local accounts, but at least the Password is encrypted

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...oads/autologon
    Last edited by MaloK; 06 Jan 2022 at 09:38.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 339
    Windows 10
       #252

    I got it working before the last comment so thanks for everyones contributions. I can now go straight through from desktop to laptop in one click no passwords. Not very good memory for these things but it hinged round getting rid of one user (which wasn't showing in user accounts) I think the instruction control passwords2 was involved and then disabling Cortana.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 64,580
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #253

    Wonderwrench said:
    The only account to ever exist is my local account. The OS was installed without a network connection to force the creation of a local account. I would guess MS eliminated auto sign in on local accounts on clean installs of 21H2 to force people to use a MS account?
    You can still use netplwiz to automatically sign in to local accounts.

    As a test, use step 3 in the tutorial below to turn off Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts.

    Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts

    Afterwards, check in netplwiz to see if the check box is available.

    Do note, your account must be an administrator account, and not a standard user.

    Determine Account Type in Windows 10
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Pro 64
       #254

    Brink said:
    You can still use netplwiz to automatically sign in to local accounts.

    As a test, use step 3 in the tutorial below to turn off Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts.

    Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts

    Afterwards, check in netplwiz to see if the check box is available.

    Do note, your account must be an administrator account, and not a standard user.

    Determine Account Type in Windows 10

    That did it! Thank you very much!
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 64,580
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #255

    Wonderwrench said:
    That did it! Thank you very much!
    You're most welcome.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 5
    Window 10 Home
       #256

    MaloK said:
    Hi,

    This works for me on 21H2, You need to disable Pin and Hello. It works only with local accounts, but at least the Password is encrypted

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...oads/autologon
    I didn't have the checkbox for passwords and Windows Hello was already disabled. I wonder if the menu's behave differently on different versions of Windows? I have Windows 10 Pro. Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044.

    Also, my PC was not part of an AD domain, and I was logged in with the local admin account, not a Microsoft account.

    I figure that any of those could be factors.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 23
    All Windows Versions
       #257

    MaloK said:
    Hi,

    This works for me on 21H2, You need to disable Pin and Hello. It works only with local accounts, but at least the Password is encrypted

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...oads/autologon
    Just an FYI
    we have used this with local and domain accounts without disabling anything and without issues
    Never tried with a MS account though?
    RNR
    All of these tools work well
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:45.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums