Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,617
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #150

    weten said:
    I can fully confirmed that the issue showed up on my win10 x64 - 19041.264 (en-us) after clean install as well.
    Welcome to Ten Forums, and thank you for confirming that.
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 3
    10 Pro/mac
       #151

    Hi Bree and Brink, I also confirm that the registry mod works that will save me a lot of hard work/headache. So nice to have people that care and willing to help thers
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 1
    Windows 10 20H1
       #152

    weten said:
    Hi all,

    I can fully confirmed that the issue showed up on my win10 x64 - 19041.264 (en-us) after clean install as well.

    Enable or Disable Passwordless Sign-in for Microsoft Accounts

    By default in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PasswordLess\Device

    DevicePasswordLessBuildVersion key's value was set to 2 and unable to see Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer after running netplwiz or control userpasswords2.

    When changed to the key's value to 0, system shows Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer 😊

    I am glad this was already brought up already as I noticed this issue as well.
    Man, i just register an account to say you: Thx you!

    It was so strange that the box was missing.
    Last edited by Brink; 04 Jun 2020 at 09:18. Reason: added tutorial link for more info
      My Computer

  4. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 18,617
    10 Home x64 (20H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #153

    ZeroCool22 said:
    Man, i just register an account to say you: Thx you!
    It was so strange that the box was missing.

    Welcome to Ten Forums.

    Stick around, there lost more good stuff like that here....
      My Computers

  5. BobD's Avatar
    Posts : 42
    Win 10 Pro x64 2009 (20H2)
       #154

    I installed 10 Pro build 19041.264 with a local account yesterday. I couldn't use netplwiz to automate the login to Windows. The option just wasn't there. I modded HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PasswordLess\Device from 2 to 0 and all was good again. I also created another 10 Pro partition last night but haven't customised it yet. I'll have a look at that registry key before I do anything else. In fact I'll boot that one up immediately and update this post.

    edit
    It seems that I had already set a Pin for that partition (it was a late night after all) and I had to mod the registry key (from 2 to 0) on that system also so I could get Netplwiz to allow the automatic login.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 2
    Windows
       #155

    netplwiz


    I have visited to regedit through run and then on Winlogon there is Default password option .
    Is that means my password is blank.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hello !!
    I watches a video on YouTube about about the automatic login and they had shown about the netplwiz. After I did this in my laptop , it was showing two account and I am unable to login the administrator account , it was showing incorrect password.
    I also visited to regedit through run from another account and on Winlogon there is Default password option.
    So, what should I do please kindly help me .
      My Computer

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,223
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21354
    Thread Starter
       #156

    Cruse1914 said:
    I have visited to regedit through run and then on Winlogon there is Default password option .
    Is that means my password is blank.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Hello !!
    I watches a video on YouTube about about the automatic login and they had shown about the netplwiz. After I did this in my laptop , it was showing two account and I am unable to login the administrator account , it was showing incorrect password.
    I also visited to regedit through run from another account and on Winlogon there is Default password option.
    So, what should I do please kindly help me .
    Hello Cruse, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    It sounds like you entered an incorrect password for your account.

    Personally, I find using option 1 the easiest and safest method.

    Undo anything you did in option 2.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 2
    Windows
       #157

    Brink said:
    Hello Cruse, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    It sounds like you entered an incorrect password for your account.

    Personally, I find using option 1 the easiest and safest method.

    Undo anything you did in option 2.
    Okay Thanks!
    Then what's the option 1 method.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Brink said:
    Hello Cruse, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    It sounds like you entered an incorrect password for your account.

    Personally, I find using option 1 the easiest and safest method.

    Undo anything you did in option 2.
    Thanks man !
    I got it option 1.
      My Computer

  9. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,223
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21354
    Thread Starter
       #158

    Cruse1914 said:
    Okay Thanks!
    Then what's the option 1 method.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Thanks man !
    I got it option 1.
    Great news.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 48
    Win10 Pro N installed AND activated
       #159

    Microsoft keeps crying for you to sign in with microsoft account. Now I did, and my ISP was down most of the day so I luckly made a clone before I installed intel lan + raidxpert2 or otherwise I could not use my PC; also got careless and allowed myself to be taken in by microsoft. At the same time it disables auto login. I have my clone on a slow hard drive (its not slow its just using USB-2 interface. I'm going to unshuck an 8TB and use that as a backup clone, until I'm ready to clone my SSD. I'm pretty sure this means I have to wipe my array for a second time, because Macrium keeps saying it does inteligent sector copy but it just deletes everything in reality.
      My Computer


 
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:32.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums