How to Set a Default Folder View for All Folders in Windows 10
InformationWhile browsing folders in File Explorer, you can apply the view settings of the current folder to all folders on your PC that are optimized for the same folder template type.
This tutorial will show you how to set a custom default folder view for all folders for your account in Windows 10.
NoteThe view settings will not be applied to libraries, This PC, and open and save as dialog boxes.
1. Set a default folder template to have all folders to be optimized for a General Items, Documents, Pictures, Music, or Videos type.
2. When finished, Apply to Folder a view you like to all folders.
- How to Reset Folder View Settings to Default in Windows 10
- How to Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10
- How to Apply a Folder's View to All Folders of Same Template Type in Windows 10
- How to Change the Template of a Drive, Folder, or Library in Windows 10
- How to Change a Folder View Layout in Windows 10
- How to Change the Sort by View of a Folder in Windows 10
- How to Change the Group by View of a Folder in Windows 10
- How to Size Width of All Columns to Fit in Folder in Windows 10
If this doesn't apply to libraries, This PC, and open and save as dialog boxes, it is not very useful info, is it?