Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10  

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Pro
       #10

    Thanks Brink. I wasn't actually referring to the topic of the article (how to clear the recent items and frequent places, but rather to the specific comment that I quoted, referring to the "api exited abnormally" error when trying to pin folders to Quick Access. I believe the script in your tutorial includes deleting the contents of that folder, and this fixes the issue, but the other options don't. Deleting the files in "%appdata%\microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations" specifically fixes the reported issue.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 15
    W10
       #11

    "Recent Items" list vs Opening a folder for Recent Items


    :) Hello all... I am not understanding how MS elected removed the list of recent files and replaced it with opening a folder to see the recent files. That is now a 2 step process because you have to close the folder. I used the "recent items" a lot and I miss it - I'm sure others do ass well.
    The solutions offered here only are partial, they only add the link to the start menu / jump lists, but those still open an actual folder which then has to be closed. If you open multiple files, then you have to close multiple folders. Odd...
    I'm not a programmer - but I'm thinking (hoping!) that someone around here may be knowledgeable enough to find a way to return the actual "Recent Items" list, without opening a folder.
    I'm thinking I may not be alone on this one...
    Thank you!!
      My Computer

  3. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,481
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Hello sunnyorlando, and welcome to Ten Forums. :)

    If you like, you could add the %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent Items folder as a toolbar on your taskbar for easy access and usage.

    Taskbar Toolbars - Add or Remove in Windows 8
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64
       #13

    Sorry to ask such a dummy question.
    I have installed new Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise. But, i'm not activated it yet.

    My Question: Could i use the reg File to turn off Recent File..?(2nd step) Because in Unactivated Windows, it couldn't use 1st step...
      My Computer

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,481
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
    Thread Starter
       #14

    onlygreen said:
    Sorry to ask such a dummy question.
    I have installed new Windows 10 64-bit Enterprise. But, i'm not activated it yet.

    My Question: Could i use the reg File to turn off Recent File..?(2nd step) Because in Unactivated Windows, it couldn't use 1st step...
    Hello onlygreen, and welcome to Ten Forums. :)

    That's correct. You will not be able to use any of the Personalization settings while Windows is not activated.

    You should still be able to use OPTION TWO with the .reg files to set it.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64
       #15

    Brink said:
    Hello onlygreen, and welcome to Ten Forums. :)

    That's correct. You will not be able to use any of the Personalization settings while Windows is not activated.

    You should still be able to use OPTION TWO with the .reg files to set it.
    Because there's no "thanks button" , i would say "Thanks" using this method...
    Haha...
    thanks @Brink
      My Computer

  7. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,481
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
    Thread Starter
       #16

    You're most welcome @onlygreen. :)
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 9
    windows 10
       #17

    hi ,
    in file explorer in taskbar , it doesn't show 'Recent Items' in jump list ,
    and how increase jump list items more than 12?
    thanks
      My Computer

  9. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 56,481
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro for Workstations build 21364
    Thread Starter
       #18

    hamid3pnn said:
    hi ,
    in file explorer in taskbar , it doesn't show 'Recent Items' in jump list ,
    and how increase jump list items more than 12?
    thanks
    Hello Hamid, and welcome to Ten Forums. :)

    It should show them under "Recent" or "Frequent" in jump lists.

    I'm not aware of a way to change how many items display in jump lists in Windows 10 yet.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 9
    windows 10
       #19

    Brink said:
    Hello Hamid, and welcome to Ten Forums. :)

    It should show them under "Recent" or "Frequent" in jump lists.

    I'm not aware of a way to change how many items display in jump lists in Windows 10 yet.
    thanks
    "Recent" is exist but my pinned jump list was 12 items and jump list Does not permit more than 12 items.


    Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10-capture.png
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tutorial Categories

Turn On or Off Recent Items and Frequent Places in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:55.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums