How to Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10
InformationTiles on your Start menu are icons for modern apps, desktop apps, and folders that you "Pin to Start".
Modern apps (ex: from the Store) can have live tiles that show updates from your friends, new email, app notifications, and the next appointment on your calendar at a glance, even without opening an app. Modern app tiles support being resized to small, medium, wide, or large.
Desktop apps and folders are basically act like shortcuts, and do not support live tiles. Desktop apps and folder tiles can support being resized to small or medium.
This tutorial will show you how to resize tiles for apps on your Start menu to be small, medium, wide, or large in Windows 10.
Video by: @jisr7
1. While you have your Start menu open, right click or press and hold on a single pinned app (ex: News) on the right side to select (check) it.
2. Click/tap on Resize, and click/tap on the size you want for the tile.
- How to Turn Live Tiles On or Off for Apps on Start in Windows 10
- Change Color of Start Menu, Taskbar, Title bars, and Action Center in Windows 10
- How to 'Pin to Start' and 'Unpin from Start" items in Windows 10
- How to Group your App Tiles on Start in Windows 10
- How to Turn On or Off 'Show more tiles' on Start in Windows 10
- How to Turn On or Off Clear Tile Notifications during Log on in Windows 10
- How to Reset Start Menu Layout to Default in Windows 10
- How to Backup and Restore Start Menu Layout in Windows 10
- How to Create and Use Live Folders on Start in Windows 10
In Windows 8.1 I could resize any and all tiles I wanted to Small, Medium, Wide or Large.
After update to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition not ALL tiles are resizable to Wide or Large.
Microsoft says that it is up to the author of the app to allow all these sizes.
If that is the case then why could I resize all of them in Win 8.1 but not 10?
Seems like we lost yet another control over our computers.
We are being squeezed into a one size fits all like it or not!