Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 17,390
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15007
       2016-06-13 #60

    maranna said: View Post
    I had to take a picture with my camera and use Drive to get it to you. You will notice that BT and location are lighter than the others. In reality they are light blue as oppose to dark blue.
    Yep, this would be the Bluetooth action button in the Action Center, and not the Bluetooth notification area icon.

    Usually if you have Bluetooth in the Action Center, your PC has Bluetooth. Turning off Bluetooth using the tutorial on the first page here will not remove this button though. It's only to toggle Bluetooth communications on/off the same as the button in the Action Center.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 20,923
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       2016-06-13 #61

    Brink said: View Post
    Yep, this would be the Bluetooth action button in the Action Center, and not the Bluetooth notification area icon.

    Usually if you have Bluetooth in the Action Center, your PC has Bluetooth. Turning off Bluetooth using the tutorial on the first page here will not remove this button though. It's only to toggle Bluetooth communications on/off the same as the button in the Action Center.
    Correct Shawn , thats why I had to disable it in my Device Manager. Then it will not show up in the Action Center or anywhere else, on a computer that does have Bluetooth installed. As I don't use Bluetooth.
    Last edited by OldMike65; 2016-06-13 at 20:08.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10
       2016-06-13 #62

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    None that I know of ...and I've been waiting for a VERY Long time.
    I tried googling for solutions but none helps.
    This bug has been around and MS has not provide the fix yet??
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10
       2016-06-13 #63

    Brink said: View Post
    It would be option 1 & 2 in the tutorial on the first page here.
    OldMike65 said: View Post
    I've tried those in the past Shawn and they never worked. I will admit I have not tried them recently.

    But ...how to you explain a computer with NO Bluetooth at all, having the Bluetooth icon in its action menu?? (notification area)
    That fix for the 2nd computer with No Bluetooth, is reboot a 2nd time, then it does not display.
    Tried that, doesn't work for me too.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jun 2016
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10
       2016-06-13 #64

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Correct Shawn , thats why I had to disable it in my Device Manager. Then it will not show up in the Action Center or anywhere else, on a computer that does have Bluetooth installed. As I don't use Bluetooth.
    Same here
    Last edited by swatstrike; 2016-06-13 at 20:46.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2015
    MD
    Posts : 412
    10 Pro
       2016-06-14 #65

    I see a picture here - see post # 58..
    If you look hard you can see there is a very light difference with both location and Bluetooth whereas the others are a bit darker ; also, this a.m., miraculously, my BT icon is gone. I think something Brink told me to do did the trick but I had not rebooted so when I booted up it removed it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 20,923
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       2016-06-14 #66

    maranna said: View Post
    I see a picture here - see post # 58..
    If you look hard you can see there is a very light difference with both location and Bluetooth whereas the others are a bit darker ; also, this a.m., miraculously, my BT icon is gone. I think something Brink told me to do did the trick but I had not rebooted so when I booted up it removed it.
    Yes I did see your pic, I think Shawn fixed your image that you uploaded. Thats how sometimes I have to remove the BT icon, just a simple reboot and it disappears.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jun 2015
    MD
    Posts : 412
    10 Pro
       2016-06-14 #67

    I wonder what was wrong with the attachment?
    I tried the snipping tool which usually works but when the BT is showing it disappears the moment you click on the snipping tool. The reverse is also true.
    Did you also have this trouble with BT? A better question is do you have BT. I think you said you once did and had trouble with it always wanting to turn on etc. I also had a tough time when I had it with Win 7.
    If so how did you resolve it?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 20,923
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       2016-06-14 #68

    maranna said: View Post
    I wonder what was wrong with the attachment?
    I tried the snipping tool which usually works but when the BT is showing it disappears the moment you click on the snipping tool. The reverse is also true.
    Did you also have this trouble with BT?
    If so how did you resolve it?
    No I've never had any problems with the snipping tool. With or without Bluetooth showing. I would not think Bluetooth would have any affect on the snipping tool. Maybe Shawn would know. ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jun 2015
    Italy
    Posts : 130
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 10493.576
       2016-06-15 #69

    I have an external bluetooth dongle:

    Trust.com - Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

    Before to read this tutorial it was locked on both action center and settings, so i disabled the main one bluetooth device in device manager and the other complementary two disappeared. But still activated in action center, in settings there isn't.

    On my Laptop (bluetooth native) just do on/off in action center/settings. On my Desktop on/off there isn't (bluetooth dongle).

    Hope to made my situation clear, if it isn't tell me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Bluetooth does not Recognize/Pair/See Bluetooth Hardware
System Information: Asus Notebook UX303L, Windows 10, Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition Okay, I've been working on this for awhile and have tried a million things. I'm going back to square one so pretend I haven't tried anything yet. ...
Drivers and Hardware
How to turn Bluetooth Off in Windows 10?
It says my PC is searching for other devices under the Bluetooth menu, but there is not a switch saying on/off.
Drivers and Hardware
Solved unable to turn on the bluetooth in the Settings in Windows 10
I am unable to turn on the blue tooth in the Settings in Windows 10. It is refusing to turn on. Pl help.
Network and Sharing
Solved Does anyone know where Windows keeps the bluetooth icon?
I freely admit that, in the greater scheme of crashes, re-installs and general weirdness that has been my Win10 experience to date, this is a very tiny thing. But it's annoying me. I'm using CSR bluetooth stack 2.1.63. First time I installed it, it...
General Support
Bluetooth and Windows 10
I have a Dell 2 in 1 3147 and an Atheros WIFI BT card It worked fine on 8.1 and initially on Win 10 then a week ago after an update Poof its gone no bluetooth I just spent two days off and on reinstalling and reinstalling drivers and devices again...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:57.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums