Windows 10: Bluetooth - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1.    2016-06-12 #40

    Hello brink
    There is no mention of BT at all. I was asking b/c it shows as on.
    I guess I'll get a dongle with disc if they still sell the disc to install software. They are not just Plug an Play are they?.
    Peter
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  2. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 18,090
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15031
       2016-06-12 #41

    Usually you'll need to at least install a driver for the Bluetooth device.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  3.    2016-06-12 #42

    I assume that some information will come with it. Thank you, Sir.
    Peter
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    2016-06-13 #43

    Hi Brink. I recently purchased a new desktop and my bluetooth on/off toggle is missing from settings.

    I have the same issue as OldMike65.
    I disable the bluetooth under device manager and it works for me. Now the action center does not have the bluetooth icon appearing.

    But does microsoft has a proper solution for this yet?

    I do not have this issue with my laptop.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  5. Brink's Avatar
    Posts : 18,090
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 15031
       2016-06-13 #44

    Hello swatstrike, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    I just have a few questions below to see if any may be the issue.

    Is Bluetooth missing in both locations (option 1 & 2) in Settings?

    Do you have your Bluetooth drivers installed?

    If you have 3rd party software (not including drivers) installed to manage Bluetooth, it may be being used instead.

    If you like, you can also leave the actions collapsed in the Action Center to only show your selected quick actions. Here are some tutorials for customizing actions in the Action Center that may help.

    Action Center Quick Actions - Add or Remove in Windows 10

    Action Center Quick Actions - Change Number to Show in Windows 10

    Action Center Quick Actions - Rearrange in Windows 10
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  6.    2016-06-13 #45

    Hi Brink
    I tried all your tutorials and my BT still shows active in the notification area -strange.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  7.    2016-06-13 #46

    Brink said: View Post
    Hello swatstrike, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    I just have a few questions below to see if any may be the issue.

    Is Bluetooth missing in both locations (option 1 & 2) in Settings?

    Do you have your Bluetooth drivers installed?

    If you have 3rd party software (not including drivers) installed to manage Bluetooth, it may be being used instead.

    If you like, you can also leave the actions collapsed in the Action Center to only show your selected quick actions. Here are some tutorials for customizing actions in the Action Center that may help.

    Action Center Quick Actions - Add or Remove in Windows 10

    Action Center Quick Actions - Change Number to Show in Windows 10

    Action Center Quick Actions - Rearrange in Windows 10
    Hey Brink.

    Which option 1 & 2 you referring to?

    Yes, the pc comes with bluetooth drivers installed.
    Nope i do not have any 3rd party software.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  8. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 21,766
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       2016-06-13 #47

    swatstrike said: View Post
    Hi Brink. I recently purchased a new desktop and my bluetooth on/off toggle is missing from settings.

    I have the same issue as OldMike65.
    I disable the bluetooth under device manager and it works for me. Now the action center does not have the bluetooth icon appearing.

    But does microsoft has a proper solution for this yet?

    I do not have this issue with my laptop.
    My issue with Bluetooth was I did NOT want to use it, even thou my computer has Bluetooth installed. The only way I could have it not show in my actions windows was to disable the bluetooth driver. (Not uninstall the driver)

    I do have another computer with NO Bluetooth capabilities at all, and the Bluetooth icon still shows in my action menu, sometimes. A 2nd reboot makes it disappear. So I still believe this IS a MS problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    2016-06-13 #48

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    My issue with Bluetooth was I did NOT want to use it, even thou my computer has Bluetooth installed. The only way I could have it not show in my actions windows was to disable the bluetooth driver. (Not uninstall the driver)

    I do have another computer with NO Bluetooth capabilities at all, and the Bluetooth icon still shows in my action menu, sometimes. A 2nd reboot makes it disappear. So I still believe this IS a MS problem.
    Yea I had the same first situation. PC came with bluetooth but I do not have the option to turn it off.

    Under action center i click BT, it pops up the settings and I don't see on/off toggle. So I disable BT under device manager as you mentioned. It works for now. Action center no longer display BT.

    But is there a proper fix to this bug?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  10. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 21,766
    Windows10Pro 64Bit on 2 DeskTop Computers
       2016-06-13 #49

    swatstrike said: View Post
    Yea I had the same first situation. PC came with bluetooth but I do not have the option to turn it off.

    Under action center i click BT, it pops up the settings and I don't see on/off toggle. So I disable BT under device manager as you mentioned. It works for now. Action center no longer display BT.

    But is there a proper fix to this bug?
    None that I know of ...and I've been waiting for a VERY Long time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Related Threads
System Information: Asus Notebook UX303L, Windows 10, Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse Surface Edition Okay, I've been working on this for awhile and have tried a million things. I'm going back to square one so pretend I haven't tried anything yet. ...
It says my PC is searching for other devices under the Bluetooth menu, but there is not a switch saying on/off.
I am unable to turn on the blue tooth in the Settings in Windows 10. It is refusing to turn on. Pl help.
I freely admit that, in the greater scheme of crashes, re-installs and general weirdness that has been my Win10 experience to date, this is a very tiny thing. But it's annoying me. I'm using CSR bluetooth stack 2.1.63. First time I installed it, it...
Bluetooth and Windows 10 in Drivers and Hardware
I have a Dell 2 in 1 3147 and an Atheros WIFI BT card It worked fine on 8.1 and initially on Win 10 then a week ago after an update Poof its gone no bluetooth I just spent two days off and on reinstalling and reinstalling drivers and devices again...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums