How to Change Color of Inactive Title Bar in Windows 10
InformationWhen you change the color in Windows 10, it will change the color of your Start menu accents, Start button, taskbar, title bars, window borders, buttons, text, Settings accents, sign-in screen accents, and Action Center accents.
However, that doesn't change the color of the title bar of inactive windows leaving it white.
This tutorial will show you how to change the color of the inactive title bar for your account in Windows 10.
NoteYou must turn on Show color on title bar to be able to change the color of the inactive title bar.
EXAMPLE: Active vs Inactive Title Bar
1. Press the Win+R keys to open Run, type regedit, and click/tap on OK to open Registry Editor.
2. Browse to the key located below in Registry Editor. (see screenshot below)
3. In the right pane of the DWM key, double click/tap on the AccentColorInactive DWORD to modify it. (see screenshot above)
NoteIf you do not have the AccentColorInactive DWORD, then right click on an empty area in the right pane of the DWM key, click/tap on New and DWORD (32-bit) Value, type AccentColorInactive, and press Enter.
If you want to undo this and restore the default inactive title bar color, delete the AccentColorInactive DWORD, click/tap on Yes to confirm, and go to step 5 below.
4. Enter the BGR hex number (ex: 696969) for the color (ex: dimgray/grey) you want in the color table below, and click/tap on OK. (see screenshot below)
NoteTo get the BGR hex number, you will need to reverse the first two and last two characters of the RGB in the color table below.
For example with the color aquamarine:
RGB (RRGGBB) in color table = 7FFFD4
BGR (BBGGRR) you would enter = D4FF7F
5. When finished, close Registry Editor.
- Turn On or Off Show Color on Start, Taskbar, and Action Center in Windows 10
- How to Turn On or Off Show Color on Title Bar in Windows 10
- How to Change Color of Start Menu, Taskbar, Action Center, and Title bar in Windows 10
- How to Use Aerolite Theme for Window Borders and Title Bars Color in Windows 10
- How to Change Title Bar Text Color in Windows 10
- How to Change Text Size for Title Bars in Windows 10