Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1.    07 Aug 2015 #20
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 24,390
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17017
    Thread Starter

    I've found that upgrades never work as they should. Clean install only for me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    07 Aug 2015 #21
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 49
    Windows 10 Home

    You probably might want to put this in a Powershell script (the register store first, then apps)?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    30 Aug 2015 #22
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 49
    Windows 10 Home

    I tried the all-users option, but I'm getting slapped in the face with errors about it not finding something.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-08-30_040445.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	34711
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    30 Aug 2015 #23
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 24,390
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17017
    Thread Starter

    Hey Honeycomb,

    The errors are for the apps that are no longer on the PC to be able to reinstall. Those you'll need to reinstall from the Windows Store instead.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    20 Sep 2015 #24
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    Hey guys,

    out of nowhere my Photos app started crashing and "re-install" is meant to fix it. But while doing so i can the "higher version installed" error and cant find a solution. Any tips?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    20 Sep 2015 #25
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,977
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by abyss1225 View Post
    Hey guys,

    out of nowhere my Photos app started crashing and "re-install" is meant to fix it. But while doing so i can the "higher version installed" error and cant find a solution. Any tips?
    Hi abyss, welcome to Ten Forums,
    I'm not sure what Shawn(@Brink) will recommend, but I would remove the Photos app first: How to Uninstall Desktop Apps and Windows Apps in Windows 10 using PowerShell in option two
    Code:
    Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    then reinstall it in such a case.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    20 Sep 2015 #26
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 24,390
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17017
    Thread Starter

    Hello abyss, and welcome to Ten Forums.

    In addition, you might use Windows Photo Viewer for now until your Photos app is fixed.

    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...dows-10-a.html
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    20 Sep 2015 #27
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Cliff S View Post
    Hi abyss, welcome to Ten Forums,
    I'm not sure what Shawn(@Brink) will recommend, but I would remove the Photos app first: How to Uninstall Desktop Apps and Windows Apps in Windows 10 using PowerShell in option two
    Code:
    Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    then reinstall it in such a case.
    Thanks for the help. At first uninstall/reinstall(downloaded via App Store)+restart solved the version error, but the photo app was still crashing.
    Again i tried to identify unusual behavior of mine the day before and couldnt think of anything. So i took the last app i installed (Start10 trail version), uninstalled and restarted in the process. Photos App crashing is now fixed and working even after reinstalling Start10 (for now ;D). Strange.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    20 Sep 2015 #28
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 24,390
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 17017
    Thread Starter

      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    20 Sep 2015 #29
    Join Date : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 16,977
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu

    Quote Originally Posted by abyss1225 View Post
    Thanks for the help. At first uninstall/reinstall(downloaded via App Store)+restart solved the version error, but the photo app was still crashing.
    Again i tried to identify unusual behavior of mine the day before and couldnt think of anything. So i took the last app i installed (Start10 trail version), uninstalled and restarted in the process. Photos App crashing is now fixed and working even after reinstalling Start10 (for now ;D). Strange.
    Had to be a conflict or a hiccup somewhere, go figure, hmmm
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Tutorial Category
Performance & Maintenance Re-register Store app in Windows 10
How to Re-register the Store in Windows 10 If the Store app doesn't open, hangs, or not working correctly, then re-registering the Store will usually fix this issue. This tutorial will show you how to re-register the Store for your account in...
Tutorials
Solved Yes, you *can* still register an email address as an Insider
I've seen a couple of comments saying you can't register as an Insider, but I just wanted to say I've done it today and it still works, just in case it helps someone. What you can't do (well not officially; I imagine there are workarounds) is...
Windows Insider
Windows 10 reports running apps on shutdown, no apps open
When I attempt to shutdown or restart my pc I receive a message stating that there are still apps/processes still running. The number of apps running usually runs between 16-20 apps/processes. However, there are never any applications or programs...
Software and Apps
Register for 2015 Microsoft Worldwide Partner Conference
Source: TechNet Blogs
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums