Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10  

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 69,643
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #200

    @Doon,

    That would be a reset instead. It will not keep everything like a repair install.

    You would want to do the steps in the tutorial at the link below instead.

    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 4
    Windows 10
       #201

    just need to know if im doing the right thing

    - - - Updated - - -

    Brink said:
    @Doon,

    That would be a reset instead. It will not keep everything like a repair install.

    You would want to do the steps in the tutorial at the link below instead.

    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    how do I do the setup button thing in the file that he did?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 69,643
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #202

    Doon said:
    how do I do the setup button thing in the file that he did?
    I'm sorry, but what are you referring to?
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #203

    Hiya Brink! I was wondering if you have a method to re-PROVISION these applications once they are installed?...or do they simply reprovision themselves upon re-installation? Thanks VERY much in advance!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 69,643
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #204

    jbrivers7 said:
    Hiya Brink! I was wondering if you have a method to re-PROVISION these applications once they are installed?...or do they simply reprovision themselves upon re-installation? Thanks VERY much in advance!
    Hello,

    You could reinstall the app from the Microsoft Store if available for that.

    Otherwise, the options in this tutorial do reinstall and re-register the apps.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 13
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit
       #205

    Brink said:
    Hello,

    You could reinstall the app from the Microsoft Store if available for that.

    Otherwise, the options in this tutorial do reinstall and re-register the apps.
    Understood. I have an application package that was uninstalled/remove PRIOR to deprovisioning it. Then upon deprovisioning it, I now can't get sysprep to work because it's complaining that it's installed for another user, but won't allow me to uninstall it (states that it's not there...even though sysprep complains about not being able to complete because that appx package is currently installed). =\ Oh...Windows. =)

    I "think" I found a site that references what I'm talking about. Do you allow link posts here? If so, I could link it, IF I'm able to get it to work. Still testing it now. Apparently, this IS a KNOWN thing that other people have run into before where if you uninstall an appx package BEFORE deprovisioning it, it gets caught in this sysprep limbo. =\ I'll see if I can't find a solution to it. Thank you very much sir!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 69,643
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #206

    jbrivers7 said:
    Understood. I have an application package that was uninstalled/remove PRIOR to deprovisioning it. Then upon deprovisioning it, I now can't get sysprep to work because it's complaining that it's installed for another user, but won't allow me to uninstall it (states that it's not there...even though sysprep complains about not being able to complete because that appx package is currently installed). =\ Oh...Windows. =)

    I "think" I found a site that references what I'm talking about. Do you allow link posts here? If so, I could link it, IF I'm able to get it to work. Still testing it now. Apparently, this IS a KNOWN thing that other people have run into before where if you uninstall an appx package BEFORE deprovisioning it, it gets caught in this sysprep limbo. =\ I'll see if I can't find a solution to it. Thank you very much sir!
    Sure that will be fine.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       #207

    Brink said:
    @Doon,

    That would be a reset instead. It will not keep everything like a repair install.

    You would want to do the steps in the tutorial at the link below instead.

    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade
    Would doing a repair undo the accidental uninstall of an app?

    I used Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackageName <packagefullname> to uninstall an app that turns out its actually needed

    And installing it manually makes the sysprep fail.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 69,643
    64-bit Windows 11 Pro for Workstations
    Thread Starter
       #208

    Yuudachi said:
    Would doing a repair undo the accidental uninstall of an app?

    I used Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackageName <packagefullname> to uninstall an app that turns out its actually needed

    And installing it manually makes the sysprep fail.
    Hello,

    If it's a built-in app, it should get restored by the repair install.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 7
    Windows 10
       #209

    Brink said:
    Hello,

    If it's a built-in app, it should get restored by the repair install.
    Its the Microsoft.GetHelp app -- so it should, right?
      My Computer


 

Tutorial Categories

Reinstall and Re-register Apps in Windows 10 Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:55.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums