Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep  

Page 39 of 69 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 14
    Windows 10
       #380

    Kari said:
    @jimmysmalls My apologies! A small mistrake in my previous reply to you: You need to add the LocalAccounts component to Pass 7 OobeSystem, not Pass 5 AuditSystem.

    Sorry. I have no explanation why I mixed those two passes in my post.

    Kari
    It's no problem, thanks for your time with all these answers in this thread, I actually just figured it out a few minutes ago when I got a chance to sit down and went through all the options more carefully but thanks again! You're the man.
      My Computer

  2. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,113
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #381

    Although I said I have no explanation, I kind of have

    I am not a sports fan, except ice-hockey in international level, sailing and golf. These I follow almost fanatically. The IIHF 2016 Ice-Hockey World Championships started Friday last week, my small, beloved and greatly missed Finland is one of the favorites this year. You can check my fanatism in this thread: IIHF 2016 Ice-Hockey World Championships May 6 - May 22 - Windows 10 Forums

    This means that since Friday last week I've been watching at least 4 games a day, live those I can and rest from DVR. In between the games I then check my subscribed folders and reply when a reply is needed, but I notice my concentration is already in tomorrow's games.

    That's not an excuse, just a lousy try to explain :)

    Anyway, back to the topic: If you also add AutoLogon component (under Shell-Setup like UserAccounts) to Pass 7, the OOBE not only creates the account automatically but also signs it in automatically:
    Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep-2016_05_13_22_16_151.png

    Rremember to add the password to AutoLogon, too, the same of course you set for the admin account you created in LocalAccounts:
    Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep-2016_05_13_22_20_301.png


    Kari
    Last edited by Kari; 13 May 2016 at 22:15.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 14
    Windows 10
       #382

    Kari said:
    Although I said I have no explanation, I kind of have

    I am not a sports fan, except ice-hockey in international level, sailing and golf. These I follow almost fanatically. The IIHF 2016 Ice-Hockey World Championships started Friday last week, my small, beloved and greatly missed Finland is one of the favorites this year. You can check my fanatism in this thread: IIHF 2016 Ice-Hockey World Championships May 6 - May 22 - Windows 10 Forums

    This means that since Friday last week I've been watching at least 4 games a day, live those I can and rest from DVR. In between the games I then check my subscribed folders and reply when a reply is needed, but I notice my concentration is already in tomorrow's games.

    That's not an excuse, just a lousy try to explain :)

    Anyway, back to the topic: If you also add AutoLogon component (under Shell-Setup like UserAccounts) to Pass 7, the OOBE not only creates the account automatically but also signs it in automatically:
    Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep-2016_05_13_22_16_151.png

    Rremember to add the password to AutoLogon, too, the same of course you set for the admin account you created in LocalAccounts:
    Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep-2016_05_13_22_20_301.png


    Kari
    I totally understand, I am the same way with the March Madness college basketball tournament, everything else takes a backseat. I think I've got a pretty good image to use now thanks to your help, you have no idea how much I appreciate it.
      My Computer

  4. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,113
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #383

    jimmysmalls said:
    I think I've got a pretty good image to use now thanks to your help, you have no idea how much I appreciate it.
    Always nice to get positive feedback
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       #384

    Hi,

    I have problem that appears few seconds after startig Sysprep.
    Blue screen with message:
    Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. (100% complete)
    If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

    Afret restart, I get Install Windows error message: Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation.

    and so on and on...

    Attachment 80753Attachment 80754
      My Computer

  6. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,113
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #385

    Sinisha4 said:
    Hi,

    I have problem that appears few seconds after startig Sysprep.
    Blue screen with message:
    Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. (100% complete)
    If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

    Afret restart, I get Install Windows error message: Windows could not complete the installation. To install Windows on this computer, restart the installation.

    and so on and on...

    Attachment 80753Attachment 80754
    Your attachments are not working, cannot see whatever information they contain.

    The error you get usually means a hardware failure (Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Windows 10 hardware dev). Does this blue screen error happen also when installing Windows normally?

    If this happens every time you try to sysprep, you need to check your hardware. If it only happens when running sysprep but not when clean installing, I would forget the sysprep process and install Windows normally.

    Kari
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       #386

    Kari said:
    Your attachments are not working, cannot see whatever information they contain.

    The error you get usually means a hardware failure (Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR - Windows 10 hardware dev). Does this blue screen error happen also when installing Windows normally?

    If this happens every time you try to sysprep, you need to check your hardware. If it only happens when running sysprep but not when clean installing, I would forget the sysprep process and install Windows normally.

    Kari
    It's happens just when I start sysprep... I also found that it could be problem if Overclocking is turn on... And ofcourse, HP BIOS has Turbo Boost enabled... so I turn that off... but... is there any way to get back in Audit mode again??? So that I don't need to reinstall everything once again...
      My Computer


  8. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,113
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #387

    Sinisha4 said:
    ... is there any way to get back in Audit mode again??? So that I don't need to reinstall everything once again...
    No, sorry. You have to either restore a system image or reinstall.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 3
    Windows 10
       #388

    Kari said:
    No, sorry. You have to either restore a system image or reinstall.

    Hi Kari... finaly thanks for your help and great tuttorial :)

    So, it seems that my problem was in HP AiO... Today I was trying all this steps on virtual environment.
    And few minutes ago I was successfully deployed my first image on another virtual machine!
    Tomorow I will try to deploy on some physical machine.

    Also, I have something else to ask you... how can I enable local "administrator" with specific password on that installation image and add computer on domain? And do I need domain credentials enter in setup of answer file or how to do all that?

    Hope you understand what I'm asking... :)
      My Computer

  10. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 17,113
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #389

    Sinisha4 said:
    Also, I have something else to ask you... how can I enable local "administrator" with specific password on that installation image...
    See this post posted earlier in this thread, and because there's a small mistake in that post see this correction, too.

    See also this post for instructions to make a user sign in automatically.

    Domain users are added exactly the same way, just select DomainAccounts instead of LocalAccounts.


    Sinisha4 said:
    ... and add computer on domain?
    See this Microsoft TechNet reference article: JoinDomain

    About creating an Active Directory domain controller and joining existing Windows 10 worksations to it, see these videos:









    All videos from thread Windows 10 instructional videos by Ten Forums members - Windows 10 Forums

    Kari
      My Computer


 

Tutorial Categories

Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:04.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums