Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep  

Page 24 of 69 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 147
    Windows 10 x64
       #230

    I now believe CopyProfile may not be a supported feature.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 5
    Windows 10 Pro
       #231

    And Cortona/Search is broken still after updates?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 8
    WIndow 10
       #232

    Has anyone tested if the LayoutModification.xml will apply to the Start Menu when using CopyProfile?
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 45
    10 Pro
       #233

    Has anyone tried upgrading the build (10240 -> 10586) in Audit Mode? I took an older image, ran Generalize and is updating the drivers via Windows Update, and now it's telling me build 10586 is included in the downloads.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 147
    Windows 10 x64
       #234

    ToniCipriani said:
    Has anyone tried upgrading the build (10240 -> 10586) in Audit Mode? I took an older image, ran Generalize and is updating the drivers via Windows Update, and now it's telling me build 10586 is included in the downloads.
    Yeah, I tried it; you can't do it. You'll get a message indicating that "Windows cannot be installed in Audit Mode."

    You'll have to rebuild your images every 3 to 4 months if you want to have relatively updated images.

    Microsoft dropped the ball.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 45
    10 Pro
       #235

    jfreemont said:
    Yeah, I tried it; you can't do it. You'll get a message indicating that "Windows cannot be installed in Audit Mode."

    You'll have to rebuild your images every 3 to 4 months if you want to have relatively updated images.

    Microsoft dropped the ball.
    So what am I supposed to do here, just let it fail and install all the other updates for now?
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 147
    Windows 10 x64
       #236

    ToniCipriani said:
    So what am I supposed to do here, just let it fail and install all the other updates for now?
    What happened with me: the other updates installed and the upgrade didn't do anything -- didn't succeed, didn't fail. Just nothing.

    After that, I restarted Windows and ran Windows Update again. This time, the upgrade was the only update listed. After it fully downloaded, a window appeared with the message.

    By the way, just so you are aware: this is not a bug. It's 100% intentional by Microsoft and isn't changing. They don't care about enterprise, anymore.
      My Computer



  8. Posts : 45
    10 Pro
       #237

    Well luckily I'm deploying these machines in an environment where they don't really connect the machines nor update them, it's really just an one time ordeal, at most once a year or so. Plus every single time the machines are a bit different (basically whatever shows up at the wholesale refurbisher that week) so it doesn't bother me as much.

    So I guess the workaround right now is that I run through OOBE, upgrade the build then restart the audit mode and do generalize again? Only reason I'm going through this is that I have a bunch of software installed in the image and don't really want to go through the manual reinstallation process.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 147
    Windows 10 x64
       #238

    I haven't tried that. I would be interested in knowing if it will allow you to go back into Audit Mode after running through OOBE and upgrading. I would guess that would work, but I've thought that a million times with Windows 10, just to be proven wrong when Windows 10 puts up another unnecessary obstacle.

    Also, each time you run through OOBE, you'll be setting a bunch of stuff (like creating a user account), so the image definitely won't be as clean.

    I know the Modern apps seem to have issues related to Sysprep
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 45
    10 Pro
       #239

    jfreemont said:
    I haven't tried that. I would be interested in knowing if it will allow you to go back into Audit Mode after running through OOBE and upgrading. I would guess that would work, but I've thought that a million times with Windows 10, just to be proven wrong when Windows 10 puts up another unnecessary obstacle.

    Also, each time you run through OOBE, you'll be setting a bunch of stuff (like creating a user account), so the image definitely won't be as clean.

    I know the Modern apps seem to have issues related to Sysprep
    Fairly sure you can, I've gone in and out of Audit Mode many times, though I do remember hearing there's a limit.

    As for the user account, I think at most it creates one, where you can just go back into Audit Mode and delete it including the profile via System Properties. But for my case I actually don't want it to delete accounts, since I have some local ones I created and want those to remain.

    But if Microsoft decides to remove System Properties along with Control Panel at some point... then I don't know.
      My Computer


 

Tutorial Categories

Customize Windows 10 Image in Audit Mode with Sysprep Tutorial Index Network & Sharing Instalation and Upgrade Browsers and Email General Tips Gaming Customization Apps and Features Virtualization BSOD System Security User Accounts Hardware and Drivers Updates and Activation Backup and Restore Performance and Maintenance Mixed Reality Phone


Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:16.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums